Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics...what happened to the TJ?

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by reward_1000 View Post
      I think the lesson of the day was limit straps are a good thing....right Grumpy?
      Hehehe! Yes Ray you are exactly right, the lesson of the day was that limiting straps are a good thing. They will definitely be ordered and installed before the next run.
      Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post
      Great pics...what happened to the TJ?
      That John is the result of too much flex....................................... Actually that is what happens when your rig is designed to be really flexible, your rear swaybar is removed and the shock is used for something it was never intended for ie: a limiting strap. The shock gave up the ghost as I was going up the last part of Suks Squeez and the axle drooped all the way down. it was really amazing to see my pinion pointing straight up to the underside of my rig and even more amazing to find that the only damage was 1 busted shock, 1 bent shock and 1 scuffed up control arm due to it rubbing against the driveshaft when the axle drooped all the way down. We winched me up, put everything back in place except for the broken shock which was replaced with a piece of chain to keep it from drooping to far and I wheeled the rest of the day.

Thanks for all the help guys, was nice to meet you all and look forward to wheeling with you all again.

Hey Mike could you send me those pics of my jeep as well, my e-mail is ozzyrb@kc.rr.com
      And thanks for leading after we got back together, you did a great job. Thanks to Ray as well for leading, I had a great day.
      Last edited by Grumpy Dwarf; 12-09-2012, 01:16 PM.
      sigpic
      Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
      99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Comment

that red xj looks really familiar...who is it?
        "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
        Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Guy named Bill Ely. From our neck-a-the-woods Tommy.

Reed - email sent. Lemme know if they don't work. Been having some issues.
          -Mike B-
          '01 XJ Sport
          '11KK Limited

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
            Reed - email sent. Lemme know if they don't work. Been having some issues.
            Ya they didn't work for some reason Mike but don't worry about trying to get them to me, Bill Farnsworth sent his to me so now I have some. Thanks to both of you for sending them.
            sigpic
            Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
            99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Comment

Working...
            X