Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wife told me she thinks my XJ is a money pit... How much do you have invested ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garden Spyder View Post
    I will have to do some research, but I am unaware of a hub conversion for the dana 44 front axle. Do you or anyone else know about a hub conversion for the Rubicon front axle? If so could you point me to a website for the info? Thank you in advance!! : )
    Rubicon front axle uses Dana 30 outers. Any supplier can hook you up with a conversion. Probably gonna cost you $1200 or more. Add chromoly shafts and some really good U-joints while you are there, that'll be another $600-$1000. I started with Alloy Usa X-joints and immediately upgraded to CTMs.

Comment

I have the Chromoly shafts already, I use spicer Ujoints, because I would rather ruin a U joint than a locker. If I can be that lucky.

Comment

Any suggestions to a supplier?

Comment

Pertaining to the Warn hub conversion:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wa...s-30-a-622713/

"From the center of the axle u-joint outwards, everything is the same between the D-30 and D-44 and there are no installation differences whatsoever as far as the hub kit is concerned.

The only difference you may encounter is related to the inner shafts. You will have to specifically order 30 spline shafts for the Rubicon axle because the diff (center section) is slightly wider and your inner axles will be slightly shorter on each side. You can get Super 30 shafts and trim a bit off if you get in a bind. "

;)

Comment

Not sure really........maybe 5-6k. Regardless, I expect to spend a lot more in the future! Wife never likes shelling out the money, but then I take her offroading in Colorado, and she forgets all about the cost ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Garden Spyder View Post
              Any suggestions to a supplier?

Here's a great guy to deal with, especially on Rubicons.

http://www.Northridge4x4.com

A good website for Rubicon owners is http://www.rubiconownersforum.com

If you are registered on ROF Dave at Northridge will discount your parts.

Comment

Title reminded me of this.

And no, that is not my photobucket, just the first picture link that popped up in Google.

Comment

Originally posted by rrock View Post
                  Title reminded me of this.

And no, that is not my photobucket, just the first picture link that popped up in Google.
                  Beautiful... but I think my wife would chop of my .... oh wait I can't say balls on this forum can I

Comment

lets see....joined in 08.....24 jeeps later........3g's in this one already.......i dont want to know, but its WAY up there!
                    "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                    Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

24, my God man... you are addicted

Comment

6jeeps in one year still have 5 currently all have mods done

Comment

1450 for jeep, 50 for tires and about a hundred in lil stuff that it needed. Not bad but that just cause of lack of funds right now

Comment

So far only about $1,000 in my Lifted Jeep (see here: http://www.kcjeepclub.org/forum/show...ect-Cheap-Jeep ) but that will be going up shortly. lol

Comment

including purchasing mine for 5k, id say ive got a little of 10 in it... but ive built anything and everything i possibly could... my dad quit asking a long time ago, and my ex never really cared, she was more annoyed with how much i spent working on it lol...

Comment

as usual....the TJ looks good corey!
                                "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                                Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Working...
                                X