2011 Dirty Kanza 200 Volunteer Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the constraints I was just given:
    As long as the displays don't damage the street or endanger the public, and they can be cleaned up by midnight, they are OK with me. The bigger the better (while allowing for a center bike/fire lane).
    "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

Contacting Flint Hills

I will reach out to the Flint Hills folks today and see what their interest is.

-Todd
      "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

KAMO put on an OHV Safety event at Ft. Leavenworth last week. I'll PM Paul to see if he's still got the 4x4 Land RTI ramp or if he got it back to Bill already. They also put together some tri-fold flyers to hand out; I'll ask the author if we can use those (if you want). Where is Flint Hills based out of? You might be able to get some of the folks from Wichita to come out (Rick Ellis, Heather Sykes, etc) as well, since Emporia is fairly close to there.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          KAMO put on an OHV Safety event at Ft. Leavenworth last week. I'll PM Paul to see if he's still got the 4x4 Land RTI ramp or if he got it back to Bill already. They also put together some tri-fold flyers to hand out; I'll ask the author if we can use those (if you want). Where is Flint Hills based out of? You might be able to get some of the folks from Wichita to come out (Rick Ellis, Heather Sykes, etc) as well, since Emporia is fairly close to there.
          Yeah, that would be great if you could check on the ramp and the flyers.

Rick and Heather are good suggestions. I'll message them on facebook and see what they have going on.

Comment

I can help with making phone calls and such if anyone needs. Just pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by biologygurl View Post
              I can help with making phone calls and such if anyone needs. Just pm me.
              Will do! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

how is Paul doing ?

haven't heard from in awile.....

always thought of him as a friend.......

anyways.......just wondering........:-)
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Good as far as I know. I hadn't seen him in over a year; work kept him pretty busy the last 12-18 months. He was out at Tuttle last month with all the other clubs and I chatted with him then a bit. Same old Paul I remembered. :)

Comment

Okay, Sunday is out (I stupidly didn't remember it was mother's day), so let's aim for sometime this week if possible. How about Tuesday night at BWW?

Comment

Which BWW ?

Comment

Whichever one the normal BWW crowd uses. I think the last time I went it was in LS.

Comment

We have maps!

Okay, I have maps of this year's course so the plan is that during our meeting, we assign teams to the routes.

I cannot post these maps here and you really need to keep them confidential until the day of the race.

I was planning on having two teams mark each leg from the end points into the middle of the leg. I was also thinking about the race coordinator's request that we could have some first responders ride along in a couple of Jeeps as well as carry some water. We should be able to be assign one or two Jeeps to perform that task for each leg, even rotating folks off leg-to-leg.

I have asked if we will be able to get some race shirts to wear during the event, or if we could use the event logo to come up with some small flags to hang on our vehicles, like the trail whips that some parks require people to use.

Comment

why do ya need to keep maps confidential till day of race ?

is there a suspected al kaida attact emminent ?
                            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                              why do ya need to keep maps confidential till day of race ?

is there a suspected al kaida attact emminent ?
                              Because one rider having the road course would give said rider an unfair advantage over those that do not, that's why. However, please keep your posts on topic.

Comment

Tuesday night BWW is usually the one on 58 hwy in Belton at 6p

Comment

Working...
                                X