2011 Dirty Kanza 200 Volunteer Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Volunteer List

Okay here is the current volunteer list. I need each of you on the list to do two things, (1) confirm that you are still going to participate, and (2) send me your club username if it isn't listed next to your name already.

1. Todd and Stephanie Fiedler (tfiedler)
    2. Ron Armstrong (bloojoop)
    3. Ken Burns and Wife (treedawg)
    4. Travis Giguere (t-rav_12)
    5. Todd and Sally Jackson (Lite2RW)
    6. Jodee Trotter (99TJ)
    7. Zach Kolich (PurpleZJ)
    8. Bill Trotter and Wife (bbtj)
    9. Scott Moser (Scottm2010)
    10. Perry Jordan (noss10)
    11. Wes Saunders (WesSaun)

Please don't be offended if I couldn't remember your callsign, I'm old :)

After I have the final roster settled out, we'll need to plan a get together and go over the event. It will be preliminary of course, but at least our ducks will be pointing in the same general direction.
    Last edited by rjh; 04-05-2011, 07:23 PM. Reason: added missing forum ID's. :)
    "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

We are still planning on participating, of course barring any emergency. BBTJ
      Bill T.

Comment

I am still planning on attending.

Comment

Maybe at the social night next week..

Comment

I'm still in.
            Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

I am still planning to come also Todd. Ron Hauser (rhauser)(K0EIA)

Comment

Looks like i might not be able to, my clutch has developed a major rattle/chiming noise and has got real grabby in first gear. If i can get the $ together and get it fixed in time I'll let you know. Sorry.
                Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Just a heads up. putting together singer preliminary information for a meeting over the next week or so. I'll be taking with the organizers tonight, if you have anything in particular toh want me to get clarified please shoot me an email. Post more tonight or tomorrow.
                  "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

wow this snuck up on me. i gotta get working on replacing my clutch lol

Comment

Just what time to meet and where on Friday.....

Comment

Something big? They'd like a Jeep show and they mean it!

Okay everyone, here is a message I got today from Emporia Main Street...
                        My name is Casey Woods and I represent Emporia Main Street. We are helping Jim, Kristi and other community volunteers with the Dirty Kanza finish line party. For the event, we have the 900 Block of Commercial Street reserved for a Jeep show that includes all the individuals associated with your group and anyone else that you believe should participate. Do you have some time soon that we could discuss the Jeep Show and finalize this addition to the Dirty Kanza 200 Mile Bike Race?

I think this means they'd like us to put on a Jeep show and they mean it! This is *sorta* news for me but I think it is a great opportunity for us, and a probably a really good opportunity to involve the Flint Hills club if they are interested.

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

Comment

can we wheel over parked cars and such ?
                          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                            can we wheel over parked cars and such ?
                            Well, I don't know. I hope to talk with him tomorrow so I'll know more about what we can do. I am certain we can stack wheels and bring an RTI ramp to show some articulation, but I imagine that they are going to want stuff static for the event for insurance liability reasons.... but if someone wanted to slap a junker on a flat bed and pull a Jeep on top of the junker, they might let us. Good idea, but we gotta figure out how to pull it off.

Comment

Okay, here is the area they have set aside for the Jeep show... It is BIG. Let's come up with something, anything, that will give us a good showing.

Comment

I think it is a GREAT idea to invite Flint Hills Jeep Club ( I was thinking this too when reading) and any other Jeeps from neighboring communities (KA*MO???). Good pubic relations opportunity..

Comment

Working...
                                X