No announcement yet.

2011 Dirty Kanza 200 Volunteer Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked with Jim tonight for awhile. He's going to be talking with the city management about blocking off a side street next to the street they are getting for the race events, so that we can park all of our Jeeps in the same place.

Questions:

1) Do we have an RTI ramp we could take?
    2) I remember something about the club making some fake rocks we can actually pull a Jeep up on. Am I confused or did we do this?
    3) Do we want to maybe figure out how to part the most tricked out Jeep in the center on an RTI ramp, and then circle the others around it parked up on the front tire of the Jeep next to it?
    4) Do we have a nice big banner?
    "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by tfiedler View Post
      1) Do we have an RTI ramp we could take?
      I heard a rumor that Mike @ 4x4 Land donated the white ramp he built to the club, but we should confirm that and find out who has it. I think Dan was checking up on that for the WoW show so maybe he can comment once he finds outs what's what with the ramp....

2) I remember something about the club making some fake rocks we can actually pull a Jeep up on. Am I confused or did we do this?
      That was for the 4x4 show at Schlitterbahn last year; it's the one Alan's 6-seater was parked on, and has a detachable ramp. I heard it was kind of unstable and very steep though....

4) Do we have a nice big banner?
      We have several you're welcome to use. I believe the largest is about 8'x3' or so, but haven't measured.

Comment

another thought if we can't get ramp or rock, etc. is just practice some tire stacking. Similar effect, but nothing to have to transport :) (other than the jeeps of course).

Comment

I figured we could tire stack the jeeps in a circle around the jeep in the middle... We can practice this weekend at the freezing ride.
          "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

Added some hotel information to the main post.

Comment

We booked a room at the Super 8. Checking in Thursday evening, checking out Sunday. Total came to $206. They have free breakfast.

Comment

We will drive in Friday morning,booked a room for Friday and Saturday at the Budget Inn on 50 HiWay for two nites for 91.00 and no breakfast..

Comment

At least everyone knows that Kenny and Todd will be there. Everyone, they expanded the field to 300 riders this year and last time I talked to Jim, they were really close to being full... which means that hotel rooms could be at a premium as June draws nearer.

Comment

Thanx for the heads-up, Todd.

Comment

I talked with Jim and they are trying to get us a whole street blocked off, well a block anyway. I sent him a picture of jeeps stacked up at the polar bear plunge and he thought it was pretty cool.

Comment

Talked with Jim today. He has a question about the finish line for the race and an idea of how we could help out. Idea: Two Jeeps, each with a 2" receiver hitch, one on each side of the road at the finish line. He has someone who could fabricate a mount for a vertical pole which would be inserted into the hitch, and then they would then string the finish line banner between the two poles. Not a difficult assignment but your Jeep would have to be at the finish line from 3:30pm to 1pm. I suppose we could get our banner strung between those two poles (possibly). Any thoughts or volunteers for this one? I'd be more than happy to volunteer mine for one half of this, but we'd need one more.

Comment

Ok, I screwed up and completely forgot about the meeting yesterday. So, how about letting me know when and where we need to be for this event. Thanks.
                          Bill T.

Comment

BTW, I just booked my room at the Budget Host Inn also for Friday/Saturday nights.

Looking forward to it again.

Comment

PM tfiedler he has the lead on this event..

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by treedawg View Post
                                PM tfiedler he has the lead on this event..

I will.
                                Bill T.

Comment

Working...
                                X