Calling ALL members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99TJ View Post
    Spune, No one said we would not be wheeling. I was just pointing out that we are a Jeep club and as such we need to be a club for all Jeeps and make all members feel as welcome and as involved as the members that have trail rigs. Wes you are right on the money with putting the Jeep club out there for others to see. I think we can continue to gain new members through this avenue. I will continue to support this club in what ever we as a club decide to do.
    I dont have a trail rig (yet) just me daily driver.

and ben, arent web wheelers and mall crawlers basically the same thing (give or take) LOL

anyways, I will do me best to participate in the wheeling side of club and try and ignore the rest to avoid conflict from now on ! ;-)

PACTS ?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Tommy I think you are about right did not keep track but several did stop by and talk to us

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
        ben, arent web wheelers and mall crawlers basically the same thing (give or take) LOL

says the guy with 7300 posts!! lol
        "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
        Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Since I'm Jeepless for the time being my participation is minimal but if I were an active member here's what I would want the Club to be and do.

What I would want want the Club to be:

1. Focued on our common interest which is Jeeps
          2. Freindly and welcoming to new members
          3. Dedicated to a willingness to help new Jeepers learn about their vehicles and what they can do

What I would want the Club's activities/events to be:

1. One wheeling trip per month
          2. A Club meeting every two months
          3. An annual Picnic event
          4. One significant charity event per year
          5. Anything more than those 4 items can be handled as pop-up events supported by whatever small group has a common intrerest in suporting addtional activities

What I would want the Club to avoid:

1. Worrying about growth - if everything else is done right growth will occur naturally, and oh by the way bigger is not necessarily better
          2. Worrying about money - the Club needs minimal revenue to operate.

These opinions are worth every nickel you spent for them

Comment

thanks glen for your input. glad to see your still around! look forward to seeing you again.
            "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
            Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Something that could possibly gain some interest would be a swap meet...

I really wanted to have one last year at my place, but between work schedule and the never ending rain (I couldn't see a ton of vehicles driving across a wet/muddy yard a good thing) I just couldn't make it work.

Another thing I can suggest is the possibilities of holding some functions in various locations around the metro. Not everybody lives in Independence and Blue Springs. Some of the open (club and online members) get togethers I think would have be fun to drive the Jeep to, but it wouldn't make the 1-1.5 hr drive on the highway.

Take these opinions as just those. I can truly say that I've enjoyed meeting a bunch of great people on this site and have enjoyed the Jeep "brotherhood", but I can honestly say I have no plans of being a member. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle and scheduling. With that said, I think the direction the club apears to be heading is a positive one and focus should be just that.

Comment

I have a hard time with my internet connection at work via "tapatalk", so I wasn't able to post earlier. My ideas were along the same lines as Glen's for better or worse.

One well organized wheeling event per month. Maybe consider one event close, one event further away the following month. IMO there would be better participation, give people that wheel hard a chance to fix their junk for the next month.

Another suggestion would be to incorporate some of our wheeling events with local wheeling events such as Frostbite, Kansas Krawl, Wheeling for the wounded, etc etc etc. Incorperation some of our wheeling events with local and regional wheeling events does several things. It encourages supporting the parks and people that share our passion for wheeling. It also helps make us visable as a club in the wheeling community. It helps us to network individually and as a club for possible future collaboration. By collaborations, caravaning out to Colorado or Moab for wheeling or a joint venture of sponsering a special wheeling event? I see supporting our local wheeling events as a club, plus its ton of fun to see all kinds of Jeeps and what others are doing with their 4x4s.

I also believe that offering people knowledge on how to use their Jeep, work on their Jeep, get their Jeep unstuck, trail safety, basic wheeling techniques, would also get new people excited about wheeling. Jeep club members that have taken a moment to coach me over an obstacle have left an invaluable imprint and mark on my life in regards to wheeling. I look forward to those experiences where I am challanged by the wheeling terrain and the input when I struggle to solve the puzzle. I believe the input from the winch class this last year was very positive. These types of feedback both personal and from others have brought me to make this suggestion.

That is about all I can think of.

Wally

Comment

Glen, you are always welcome to be a co-driver with me ! just let me know when and where !
                  I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                  it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                  Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I would like to point out that we are the KC Jeep club, not the KC rock crawling club. Though the majority of members wheel their rigs we do have members who do not.
                    Maybe it should be a 4x4 club though. I'm also a member of a 240sx local website that focuses on drifting NOT the 240sx specifically. IE: RX7, Supra... it's a technical site really with like minded people, not Nissan only.

Comment

Also in reference to the original post on page 1... The reason I am not a member:

I got kicked off this site several years ago because I talked about offroading construction sites and developmental corporate properties.
                      I understand the clubs policy on this and respect that. None the less, I still do that stuff and didn't/don't think it's in the interest of this club that I slap your sticker on anyone of the 4 Jeeps I've owned, lifted and wheeled.

Comment

I would like to point out that we are the KC Jeep club, not the KC rock crawling club. Though the majority of members wheel their rigs we do have members who do not. We as a Jeep club need to make them as much a part of this club as those of us who like to go out and wheel our Jeeps. We often make fun of the “mall crawlers” but they are in fact as much a part of this club as the rock crawlers. If we are to cater to only rock crawlers we might want to rethink just what and whom the Jeep club is for. My 0.02
                        Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                        I dont have a trail rig (yet) just me daily driver.

and ben, arent web wheelers and mall crawlers basically the same thing (give or take) LOL

anyways, I will do me best to participate in the wheeling side of club and try and ignore the rest to avoid conflict from now on ! ;-)

PACTS ?
                        No not really. Mall crawlers dont even think about wheeling, web wheelers think about it just never do lol.

Comment

Ok, so I am still kinda new to this club but here are a few of my ideas...

I would like to see more wheeling events and also some more "get togethers". Whether they be wheeling or just getting together to eat or just chat and catch up on whatever. Possibly make these more of a "members only" type of event. Like have more wheeling events that are member only, but keep a couple of the events open to the online people/anyone that is not a member. That way they would be able to get a "feel" of the club and entice them to join the club so they could join along in the other events.

I forgot who mentioned it, but someone mentioned something about people who don't have "wheelable" rigs. Just a suggestion is that they could ride along with the people who are able to wheel their Jeeps. That is what I have done. I want to be a part of the events, but can't drive myself at the moment. But I have to say that I have had a BLAST riding along with the other people. I still feel like a part of the club and it is fun. I do not want people to think that just because they do not have a Jeep that they are able to drive that they can't be a part of the events.

I also like the idea of having club meetings every other month. Have one January and then March... so on. If we as a club or the officers think that there is a NEED for adding another meeting for any reason, then we can always add another.

Overall I think the main function of this club is to get together with people who enjoy the same types of things and get out there and wheel and enjoy our Jeeps!

Those are just my noob ideas, if you want to take them into consideration then do so. But I don't care if you don't either. I think this club is headed in a great direction!

Comment

Originally posted by glenrichardson View Post
                            Since I'm Jeepless for the time being my participation is minimal but if I were an active member here's what I would want the Club to be and do.

What I would want want the Club to be:

1. Focued on our common interest which is Jeeps
                            2. Freindly and welcoming to new members
                            3. Dedicated to a willingness to help new Jeepers learn about their vehicles and what they can do

What I would want the Club's activities/events to be:

1. One wheeling trip per month
                            2. A Club meeting every two months
                            3. An annual Picnic event
                            4. One significant charity event per year
                            5. Anything more than those 4 items can be handled as pop-up events supported by whatever small group has a common intrerest in suporting addtional activities

What I would want the Club to avoid:

1. Worrying about growth - if everything else is done right growth will occur naturally, and oh by the way bigger is not necessarily better
                            2. Worrying about money - the Club needs minimal revenue to operate.

These opinions are worth every nickel you spent for them
                            What Glen is saying here is dead on. Even though we do accept any jeep into the club there is a reason that there is a mandatory equipment list in our by-laws for all jeeps. That reason being that this club was started up with the express purpose of using the vehicles that we all have in common for what they had become very well known for and that is offroading, as well as everything that acompanies this such as wrenching on them, discussing upgrades for them, trail up-keep, keeping trails open and of course keeping people aware of our hobby as well as the upkeep of public land for everyone to enjoy.

While I do not mind the social aspect of being a part of the club I think it detracts from the purpose of the club when that or money becomes the deciding factor for having events that are not trail specific. I am of the school of thought that believes that all events that are officially connected with the club whether they are trail events or non trail events should be held with the express purpose of bringing awareness to the public of our hobby and how much fun it is and of the good things that offroad clubs contribute to helping keep our enviroment clean for everybody to enjoy. As far as the money thing goes...... I believe we only need money raising events for charities and if for some reason the club is not going to be able to pay it's monthly bills and/or pay for the picnic. Or if in the future the club decides to try and hold some kind of wheeling event.
                            sigpic
                            Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
                            99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Comment

[QUOTE=diabloed;39540]Something that could possibly gain some interest would be a swap meet...

I really like this idea. I think a yearly or smi anually swap meet would be great. I know the mokan vw club does it every year and a lot of other clubs do it every year as well. I also think that the small get togethers need to be spread out between kansas and missouri... aka bbw night and things like that. just a thought since not all of us live around blue springs or lees summit

oh and btw more adveritsed wrenchathons. cause I know Ive got some work to be done.
                              Last edited by oneblackTJ; 12-15-2010, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Dwarf View Post
                                What Glen is saying here is dead on. Even though we do accept any jeep into the club there is a reason that there is a mandatory equipment list in our by-laws for all jeeps. That reason being that this club was started up with the express purpose of using the vehicles that we all have in common for what they had become very well known for and that is offroading, as well as everything that acompanies this such as wrenching on them, discussing upgrades for them, trail up-keep, keeping trails open and of course keeping people aware of our hobby as well as the upkeep of public land for everyone to enjoy.

While I do not mind the social aspect of being a part of the club I think it detracts from the purpose of the club when that or money becomes the deciding factor for having events that are not trail specific. I am of the school of thought that believes that all events that are officially connected with the club whether they are trail events or non trail events should be held with the express purpose of bringing awareness to the public of our hobby and how much fun it is and of the good things that offroad clubs contribute to helping keep our enviroment clean for everybody to enjoy. As far as the money thing goes...... I believe we only need money raising events for charities and if for some reason the club is not going to be able to pay it's monthly bills and/or pay for the picnic. Or if in the future the club decides to try and hold some kind of wheeling event.
                                This response and Glens original post pretty well sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X