Calling ALL members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling ALL members

At the risk of being stoned for my actions.....

I am asking ALL members (pd club and online) What would you like to see out of your elected 2011 officers/bods? Are there topics you want addressed, discussed, delt with? Give us some imput on what our members want to make this a bigger, better club for everyone.

Me personally...I would like to see what it would take to get some of the onliners to pony up and become full members. This goes for new onliners and old club members alike.

please keep this civil so we may work together and get things done.
    :)
    "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
    Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

wow asking for others opinions not telling others how it will be. I think we are off to a good start already. I for one will be a paid member shortly. but as for ideas I have no idea maybe a club get together. at someones house or i dont know something like the picnic but not the picnic

Comment

sooo.....like another all members invited taco night? something along those lines?
      "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."

Comment

how about a members meet at say....KRRP for some wheeling ? just a sugestion, since this was suppossed to be a wheeling club !
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I think if you keep in mind we are like minded people, with like minded goals the club will start gaining strength again.

Rule it like a dictatorship and watch the numbers keep dwindling.

Comment

Focus on Jeeps and Jeep-related events. Club get-togethers are a good thing; BWW is fun, but so was the taco night. I think we should change up the meeting times and meet over a meal period at some place that can accomodate food and a meeting. I also think changing up the location last year was good and it was very, very nice not to have to drive an hour to get to a meeting when we met at Bill's place. I think the first thing to improve the atmosphere though is to NOT dredge up last year, just let it be and move on.

Me personally, I'm not interested in fund-raisers just for the sake of raising money.

I really enjoyed doing the Dirty Kanza thing last year and I believe that it is a great opportunity for the club to grow our participation into something big. They have asked us back again and would like us to do a Jeep show of some kind, whether that be just letting them sit while we enjoy the festivities after the event or setting up some RTI ramps and stuff, I don't know what but I think we could do something with it. I wouldn't mind be involved with the Dirty Kanza this year again and I volunteer right now to organize like I did last year.

I'd also like to see more participation in the trail cleanup days, mine included and I plan to step up and help out this coming year since I didn't the last one.

I got some ideas for acknowledgement that I wouldn't mind talking over with whomever the PR officer is this year too.
            "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

todd f...that is bill h... guy who we had meetings at his house.

Comment

I would like to point out that we are the KC Jeep club, not the KC rock crawling club. Though the majority of members wheel their rigs we do have members who do not. We as a Jeep club need to make them as much a part of this club as those of us who like to go out and wheel our Jeeps. We often make fun of the “mall crawlers” but they are in fact as much a part of this club as the rock crawlers. If we are to cater to only rock crawlers we might want to rethink just what and whom the Jeep club is for. My 0.02

Comment

I am a jeeper thru and thru not a rock crawler, but a jeep needs, nay deserves to hit the trails (rock ledges too) and if it is just a pavement pounder, it just becomes another SUV in a land of worthless SUV's !

I actually prefer the trails with smaller ledges and tighter turns ! the trails a mega buck 4X4 pickup could never navigate !

but trail rides are why I joined this club, not carwashes and car shows and parades (tho i did enjoy the snake parade) but parades was not why I joined !

I joined because i had a new (to me) jeep and wanted to go wheeling, thus I am a wheeler at heart and I am not ashamed of it !
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                    but trail rides are why I joined this club, not carwashes and car shows and parades (tho i did enjoy the snake parade) but parades was not why I joined !
                    keep in mind, part of doing car washes, car shows and parades is to put the KCJC in front of new potential members. Club exposure at these events has gained the club a lot of new members. Just think of them as recruitment drives.
                    Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WesSaun View Post
                      keep in mind, part of doing car washes, car shows and parades is to put the KCJC in front of new potential members. Club exposure at these events has gained the club a lot of new members. Just think of them as recruitment drives.
                      this is true (I am sure) but I found the club thru google (or yahoo, whatever)

for some really serious reqruits
                      perhaps we should do a car wash in say......afganistan !

you fly me over there I will be more than happy to go ! :-)

but wheeling is why I and many joined a jeep club !

if I wanted to join a car club, I would of just done nothing ! as I dont want to be in a car club !

wheeling is what i crave !
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Originally posted by 99TJ View Post
                        I would like to point out that we are the KC Jeep club, not the KC rock crawling club. Though the majority of members wheel their rigs we do have members who do not. We as a Jeep club need to make them as much a part of this club as those of us who like to go out and wheel our Jeeps. We often make fun of the “mall crawlers” but they are in fact as much a part of this club as the rock crawlers. If we are to cater to only rock crawlers we might want to rethink just what and whom the Jeep club is for. My 0.02
                        Dont forget about the web wheelers.

Comment

Spune, No one said we would not be wheeling. I was just pointing out that we are a Jeep club and as such we need to be a club for all Jeeps and make all members feel as welcome and as involved as the members that have trail rigs. Wes you are right on the money with putting the Jeep club out there for others to see. I think we can continue to gain new members through this avenue. I will continue to support this club in what ever we as a club decide to do.

Comment

Very true Ben Very true

Comment

Yeah..we are a club of several kinds of "wheelers". Me personally....I enjoy the rocks, but have just as much fun cruisin! We are kinda getting side tracked here. We have wheeling events every month for the trail guys. I (we) plan to continue the shows and car washes and dinners to not only get our name out, but to just hang with like minded friends. We have two club wrench-a-thons a year so people can get things done. I have had some at my place just to meet new people....what Jodee...8-10 jeeps stop by at our WAT at my place last time?

My point of this topic is too try to bring the members back together. I want the opinions of the masses so I can get a better feel for what we need to do to bring this club back and increase membership. Members where proud to anounce that they were members at one point.....not embarrassed by it. I wanna get back to that. If peope have suggestions and dont want their name out here....pm me.

Thanks to all who have posted.....even to our sami wheelin red headed step child. 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X