No announcement yet.

SMORR Froze Over Feb 18th-20th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh so that's what a tie rod looks like...I don't have any on my Jeep so I almost forgot ;)

Comment

Originally posted by diabloed View Post
      Oooh so that's what a tie rod looks like...I don't have any on my Jeep so I almost forgot ;)
      heims? post up a pic of your steering setup... i'm always looking for better options. these TRE's wear out pretty fast on me.... last one lasted about 6 months before it was completely shot and causing DW.

Comment

If you see me out on the trail tomorrow give me a shout and take a look. Nothing real fancy, but has proven to be pretty stout.

Don't forget (cause it's really easy for me)...I may not know some people by face yet.

Comment

You left McD's before I got a chance to check out your steering. Then I didn't catch up with you at KS Rocks. Maybe next time.... i'm still curious what you're using instead of TRE's. :)

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            You left McD's before I got a chance to check out your steering. Then I didn't catch up with you at KS Rocks. Maybe next time.... i'm still curious what you're using instead of TRE's. :)
            Sorry, after nearly sliding into the dumpster I figured I'd better get a move on before it got any worse.

Besides it's nothing special. Basically the system consists of a BTF cross-over steering bracket, some very thick wall tubing, some tube adapters, and a handfull of rod ends ;)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD6Q-tBnhgk

Comment

Jeez, Mike. Why didn't you do that when we went through at night? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X