No announcement yet.

KC is losing a great Jeeper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can say Glen was one of the first club members I met just like so many of the members from the same time period. Thank You for all the help and everything you gave. the club is lossing one heck of a member.

Comment

Thank you for all the kind comments. I certainly enjoyed wheeling with all of you.

Being without my Jeep for nealry two years has been strange, but there were other priorities that needed attention.

I'll be retiring at the end of the day on Friday March 16 and will be headed West to Moab on Saturday the 17th. We've rented a house there to live in temporarily while we build our new house.

After the house is completed, the next priority will be to build another Jeep. It would be a shame to live in Moab and not have one.

I hope that many of you visit Utah someday and stop by to say helllo.

Thanks again.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

This is a photo of my wife Irma standing beside a balanced rock on our property in Utah. The mountains in the background are the LaSal's. This is pretty much the view we'll have from the front of our new house.

Comment

Awesome view. Good luck to you two out there.

Comment

Great view Glen! The best of luck to ya, have a fun and long retirement!

Comment

Holy **** whata view!!

Really gonna miss you!! You are the one we all looked up to!!

Take care.

Dan

Comment

Glen, I wish you the best on your new adventures. If I ever make it out that way I will try to stop by and say hello. I am sure you will keep in touch around here.

Comment

Cassville, 2005, Glen leading the pack looking for the place to offroad.
                  We went up & down that highway several times (we know it was several
                  because of the dead bird in the road). We pulled over & waited while Glen
                  went into Roaring River State Park to get directions. THEN! We see not one
                  but TWO brand new fire trucks (for you ladies the firemen had shorts on).
                  The locals apparently thought there had been a multi car accident> Glen
                  comes back with the info, we locate the trail and have fun...BUT! It happens!
                  One of the jeepers spies a mud hole. A really big, slimy, stinky, smelly, icky
                  mudhole. We only had Steves tj then. And I had been challenged by my lady
                  jeeper friends to take the tj thru the hole. I explained to them it wasn't my jeep;
                  he had left it in search of a bush; but they quickly pointed out the keys were right there.

Two lessons were learned that day:
                  1. Steve never EVER left the keys with his tj.
                  2. I found out when you hit water going 45 mph, it doesn't part for you like the
                  red sea did for Moses...yes the top was off, yes the camera shots found me
                  dead to rights, ALL that icky slime mud came right over the top and into the tj!!!
                  When I got back on dry land Steve said "I can't believe you did that!".....
                  and I replied " I sure did!"
                  Thanks Glen for my user name!

Enjoy your retirement and thank the good Lord you are out of the work force!
                  Thank you for alot of good times with the jeepclub.
                  Della

Comment

I don't have a cool story but from the two times I was on the trail when Glen was around, he was a stellar guy. One of the things I love about the jeepin' scene is that most people are just genuinely, decent people, and Glen certainly personified that! enjoy that beautiful scenery and may our paths cross again.
                    "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

I was fortunate to have gotten to wheel with Glen on numerous occasions. He has more patience than anyone I know. He is a excellent spotter, all around great guy and the best wheeler I have had the pleasure of wheeling with.

To show what kind of guy Glen was. I broke a rear pinion yoke while wheeling with him at Tuttle in the spring of 2007. He loaded my Jeep on his trailer and had me drive his very nice warm F150 tow rig home, while Glen drove his topless, doorless, 45mph top speed YJ back to KC. It was 40* out and took us about 5hrs to make the journey. I offered several times to drive the Jeep but he wouldn't have it. I have never forgotten the generosity and memories he has given me over the years.

My fondest wheeling memory to date was when I got the opportunity to wheel Golden Spike in Moab, Utah with Glen back in 2005.

Glen and Irma, I wish you both the best. Enjoy retirement, make the most of it.

Comment

I'll say 6 or 7 years ago, before I even considered buying a Jeep, I rode with a buddy in a basically stock TJ down to SMORR. This was when there was only a canopy for the "office" and nothing else. We weren't big enough to go play with Glen's group, but we ran into them at the bottom of Double Whammy. Watching Glen go up the right side of Whammy with the hammer down was the moment I decided to get a Jeep. Every wheelin experience since then, Glen was someone I always looked up to, and always will.

Glen, make sure to keep us updated with the new place and Jeep build. I may have to track you down when I get out to Moab. Good luck on the new adventures.

Comment

i wheeled with glen on my first trip out in a jeep. I did the 101 with milkman in the snow, then next morning kev says...hey glen, i think tommy could go with your group. Man talk about nerves! Glen was leading with wes as his co pilot, then a 4dr rubi, me (in LJ), then jim banner, fallowed by big al. To put it nicely...i was out of my league rolling with these guys! But he kept his cool and lead me around. Him and wes spotted me into and out of things i would never had imagined doing...yeah...scared the piss out of me a couple times, but always reasured me that I could do it. To date...my best trip!

Here are some pics:

"I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                          Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

he also spotted the big boys! (which made me feel better!)

plus was nice enough to fish wyatt out!

but even he found stuff to make him uncomfortable! LOL

he wasnt a fan of mud. :)
                            "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."

Comment

but it was the cool stuff he could make that jeep do that just baffled me!

Comment

You will be missed greatly sir! enjoy your retirement and look forward to your next build. Please keep in touch!

Comment

Working...
                                X