Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I get a wiring diagram? any help ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 grand cherokee laredo 4wd 4.7l V8

Comment

Spune is correct here in that you can tap into the courtesy lamp so when a door is opened the lamps will come on. The door pins switches are a source of GROUND for these lights so you can work from that fact to set up your lighting.

I would use a relay to control these lamps to the running board. Then a fused hot lead to one side of your control relay and a tapped lead from your door pins to the ground side of your relay control.

From there it is simply connecting the controlled side of the relay from a fused hot to your lamps on the running board and the lights to ground to complete that circuit.

This is not all that hard. I would be happy to lend a hand if we can figure out a time to get together. You can PM me with your email address and I can write up some instructions with diagrams to mail back to you. Or if you want my help in this also include your phone number and we'll see if we can get together.

Comment

I still need one for a 99 grand for the dome lights. the fuse box idea didn't work because it is a negative ground system like stated above, so I still need to get a dome light wire, and there are a lot to choose from :?
        (Yeah Spune) Fuse box only makes the lights stay on all the time since the circuit is always hot and the door pin just breaks the ground. :?
        Any help :roll:

I was thinking of calling the place that put our remote start in and ask them what wire they taped into for the alarm trigger That is easy to access and is color coded :lol:

Comment

Austin

The wire colors are PK, YL/DG, & YL/BK.

Comment

this may sound stupid, but I have both a Haynes and Chilton reper manual for me jeep (99XJ)and they have all kinds of wireing diagrams in rear section of manuals.

Have you tried a Haynes manual?
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Yeah I looked in them at Oreilly's and there was no diagram for interior or courtesy lighting

Thanks kyndl I assume DG is dark grey :roll:

Comment

I don't know for sure. Figured they just had one GRAY (GY), so I was thinking maybe Dark Green. Although Green is usually GN. They all 3 should be together, so if you see a Pink and Yellow/Black with a Yellow/(Green or Gray), I think that would be it ;)

Comment

Working...
                X