Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I get a wiring diagram? any help ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I get a wiring diagram? any help ??

Another question? :roll: I am installing lighted running boards on Angie's 99 WJ, (yes I know it's a jeep don't need running board) but it is hers and she wants them since I get all the stuff for mine :? I have to be fair, right :lol:

Anyway question is how do I get a wiring diagram of the interior courtesy light so I can tie into them? Shouldn't there be a factory plug somewhere to tie into :roll:
    I have googled everything I can think of and can't find anything, for free that is :x

why not find what fuse it is and hook up at fuse board?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I thought of that but that is not really the proper way I don't think. I just figured there is a plug just for that somewhere since they can come with them form the factory. I may go the fuse box route though if no other help arrises :?

Comment

I am a redneck, I don't always understand them big words like Proper LOL.

I have almost stopped twisting wires and a little tape at splices.

almost
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I would wire them to the door switch so the lights go on and off with the door opening. I am off till Monday, if you can wait till then I can look it up at work.

Comment

What year is it? i can see what I can find on Alldata

Comment

You can wire them into the wiring running down to the rear running lights. You can buy these splicing clips from radio shack that work awesome and you dont have to cut anything, or worry about cuting and taping.... Any hot wire after ignition would work.

Just an alternative if ya cant find a factory place to wire in...

Comment

Not sure what you mean by rear running lights? :roll: and I figured I would be spicing into the door opening light wire, BUT I need the lights to come on anytime any door is opened so it has to be the correct wire. Also I have to determine whether it is a negative or positive system :?

Comment

Yeah,, Kyndl if you can look something up that would help :lol: THANKS

I even tried looking in the Haynes manual at Oreilly's and it was no help :? I didn't think it was going to be this hard to wire up some lights :shock:

Comment

running lights

also known as

clearance lights

they include turn signals on smaller vehicles while headlights are on.
                    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Well that wouldn't work for running boards unless Iwanted to run down the road with them on when the parking lights are on. :?

I guess I might end up doing the fuse box :roll: :?

Comment

Originally posted by got flx
                        Well that wouldn't work for running boards unless Iwanted to run down the road with them on when the parking lights are on. :?

I guess I might end up doing the fuse box :roll: :?
                        how can you drive down road if Parking lights are on? Aren't you Parked?
                        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

OK, something you may want to consider is tying into your headlamp and door switch with a timer so that when you open the door the running boards are powered and then they shut off after some time. However, whenever you have your head lights on they are lit as well but they do not shut off until some time after the last door was closed or the head lights were turned off.

This is fairly easily done. You would need to tap into these two circuits and use a digital timer to create the triggers for the lighting control

Comment

First off I may have to come in here and smack ya Spune :lol: :lol: your killin me :roll:

Tom you are way above me on this one, I just need them to come on when the doors are open and off when they are closed. Her jeep does not have the built in headlight timer, so like I think you were saying that would have to be added. I guess I could save it for a wrenchathon if there were someone there who knew how to do that :roll:
                            Right now it is looking a lot easier to do the fuse box tap though

IS THERE NOT A FREE WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD A WIRING DIAGRAM OUT THERE :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Comment

Originally posted by got flx
                              First off I may have to come in here and smack ya Spune :lol: :lol: your killin me :roll:

Tom you are way above me on this one, I just need them to come on when the doors are open and off when they are closed. Her jeep does not have the built in headlight timer, so like I think you were saying that would have to be added. I guess I could save it for a wrenchathon if there were someone there who knew how to do that :roll:
                              Right now it is looking a lot easier to do the fuse box tap though

IS THERE NOT A FREE WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD A WIRING DIAGRAM OUT THERE :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
                              why not just find the fuse for courtesy light when door opens and splice into that :roll:

mystery solved :twisted:

OK

whats the year and model,

I might have a better search engine over here :P
                              Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Working...
                              X