Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you clean fog out of headlights?? ideas???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dislike the plastic head lamps they use on cars /trucks because of this. You look at any car 8+ years old and you will notice this haze building up some of them look like a frosted light bulb at night going down the road rather than a head lamp shinning on the road.

I am really happy that my TJ has sealed beam glass head lamps!

BTW - I bought two new Sylvania Performance Halogen and they are really nice low beam and high. They are not the blue beams but are nearly as bright.

Comment

Cant you swap the plastic ones out with some of the glass ones that you replace when they go out?

Comment

No, the plastic ones are designed to use a replaceable lamp that connects to the back of the lamp housing. You would have to build brackets to hold a sealed beam lamp in the place of the plastic housing and I don't believe they make sealed beams in a lot of sizes anymore. Used to be everything was a sealed beam head lamp.

Comment

You have to be very careful with those lights. If there is some dirt inside the light, and you shake it around, the reflective layer in the rear of the light will come off. It sounds odd, but it happens, then a lot of the light from the bulb will end up lost.

Comment

Well I boght a kit at Oreilly's that consided of 1000 grit to 2500 grit sandpaper and some polish. It helped :? but most of the scaling is on the inside of them So I tried flushing them with bleach and other cleaners, but not being able to put a brush to it doesn't do much good :? I did find a set of cool ones on ebay for 100 with shipping. :lol: I guess we might go back to the throw away society motto and just get some new ones :roll:

Comment

what did the kit run you at Ory's ? shells have some build up on em that i need to take care of, there getting pretty bad...

Comment

12 bucks I think, but they did say 3M is coming out with one that has different wheels to put on your drill. That would be nice since it is pretty labor intensive sanding them by hand
                Like I said though if it is on the inside it will do no good.

Comment

Working...
                X