brake light gremlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake light gremlin

so, i am trying to get my lighting up and running after the motor swap and am trying to integrate the wiring.

i found it is mush easier to use what is there in stead of reinventing the wheel (go figure). so here is my issue.

in the original jeep wiring i had to rewire some things because of bad previous owner wiring but thanks to diagrams i have got the hazard/brake lights working...sorta.

what is happening is in the beginning the passenger brake light would not work, so after rewiring it they both worked fine, went in had dinner then my daughter came out with me while i finished buttoning things up and pressed the brake and the driver brake light was not working so i took all the old wiring out of that side and rewired it...worked fine. came out the next morning to finish that and some other things and the passenger side was not working again :x so instead if tearing it all apart again i started with the tester ant to make this long story short(er) there is no power to the passenger side brake light (it is a dark brown wire) all the way up to the connector up to the dash.
    is this a sign of the turn/hazard switch assembly going bad?
    any other thoughts would be appreciated

ya might confirm that all grounds are good. use your test light for this. find a known good power source to hook to, then probe your ground wires.

Comment

the best way is to use a Digital multimeter so when you test your grounds you can make sure that the wire is getting 12volts

Comment

i used a Digital multimeter to test all the grounds (the ground is a blue/w white stripe) and it is common to both tail lights and it tests good. so i then tested the good driver light and it is getting 12 volts. i then followed the solid brown wire (power for left brake light)all the way up to the connector under the dash and it is dead all the way up to that point.
        when i turn on the hazard flashers both lights do flash, and at 12 volts.

where does the brown power wire go after the connector? it goes into the wiring loom and i loose it. my assumption was that it goes to the turn/hazard switch assembly but im not sure.

Comment

Working...
        X