Tuttle Creek vs KSRocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuttle Creek vs KSRocks

Can some who have been to both Tuttle Creek & KSRocks give a bit of a comparison?

I'm a newbie - went to frostbite and had a blast (on the blue trails ;).

How does Tuttle Creek compare? More of the same? Mostly rocks? A good area for a newbie? I know it's a lot further (from KC), but I'm looking for a new adventure (on blue trails) - LOL.

I've read some posts and seen some utube videos of the real rough stuff, but that's beyond my skills and equipment at this point - stock lift/tires, with winch and lots of armor.

Thanks

Not knowing where your actually located Tuttle is only about 20min farther from "KCMO" With that said Tuttle is another great place to go wheeling. It's bigger and a little more open than KRocks. It's also free to access. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Tuttle dries out faster, with a little wind.

Comment

My mostly stock YJ ranged all over Tuttle and I had a blast. Go with an experienced group and have a good spotter. You'll be amazed at all the things your Jeep can manage. I was!

I believe there is a 101 at Tuttle coming up. Check the calendar for details if you're interested.

Comment

^^^Agreed! Tuttle is a great place to go. Yes, a little further than KSRocks but worth the drive. Went out there back in Nov '11 - my uncle's TJ with a 2" lift and 31's; my cousin's bone stock KJ; my lifted WK with 265's - really cool place to wheel. First time for my cousin and I. Something for all Jeeps and experience levels. It is much bigger than KSRocks, has great views, more open, and IMO offers a little more variety. Don't get me wrong - been to KSRocks several times and it always offers something we either haven't seen, done, or tried - but can't wait to go back to Tuttle.

-Mike B-
          '01 XJ Sport
          '11KK Limited

Comment

I love Tuttle! But I live a half hour away from it so I'm biased

Comment

I've been wheeling here in the heartland since 1999. My first visit was to Tuttle, then Disney, OK. Not anything like I had in the VA mnts. So for 13 yrs of wheeling around here, I've been to Tuttle probably 2-5 times a year. I helped open KSRocks and wheel there same. Disney, 2-3 times a year. Arkansas, Oklahoma have other ORV parks as well, though the drive is more of 8 hrs. THen there is Moab, Black Hills, and even the Rubicon (00 in fullsize Bronco). Tuttle and KsRocks will be there.

Take note of another opportunity. Its private land similar to KSRocks. Ultimate Adventure was at KSRocks and Jones Mudfests and Trails this past summer. Jones has limited open weekends during the year. I would suggest you plan to attend the month's trails weekend. The mud activity is not scheduled this year.

The next trail event is March 24/25. They are on FB. The location is ~2 hrs from KC. 20 miles or so outside Lamar, MO, in Lockwood, MO. $10 for the day. Then you can plan a trip to Tuttle.
              Mike
              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I keep hearing about Jone's Mudfests and trails, but haven't been down. Its only 20 miles further south (from Independence) than Kansas Rocks.

I figured it was just mud and I dislike mud, so I haven't been real motivated to check it out. Not that I won't wheel in it, I just don't like it. Do they have rocks, hill climbs.... like Tuttle, K-Rocks?

Wally

Comment

Like Wally, I will drive thru mud but dont go out looking for it! :)
                  If there are some Good trails and such I could probably schedule a trip there. ;)
                  I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                  it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                  Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

The Jones trails are alot like KSROCKS but 3 times larger. 600 acres of trails. As Mike said they are only open for special events once or twice a year.
                    On a side note thier mud has to be completly made by adding water. They add 100,000's gallons of water to get the fields ready for mudfest.
                    Jake

Comment

Tuttle is free.
                      Bill T.

Comment

And Tuttle is good if you want a mid-week wheeling fix as they are open daily vs. weekends only!

Comment

Mike (jagular7), Brian (Mountain Goat), and I hit Tuttle on a wednesday last summer. We'd run nearly every trail we were capable of and were back on the trailers by 1:30pm, heading home. The place is a ghost town during the week, which can be fun. :)

Comment

The $10.00 fee for krrp is much less than the extra Gas needed ( for me) to get to tuttle ;)

But tuttle is more open ( if ya claustifobic ) lol
                            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

KRRP is $15 this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X