Another Snow Bash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Snow Bash

12 vehicles 23 people tried to hit the trails about an half a hour north of us. We've had a few frustrating outings the last couple of weeks. This time we tried an area called Pickle Gulch (rated about a 3) which is entirely to much trail unless everyone is locked and chained. Which most of us weren't. So after spending the first 3 hours trying to get 300 yds we headed back south to an area around Central City. It's called Yankee Hill, much better running. We didn't need to chain up, just enough deep snow to make it fun. We ended up about 10000 ft before one of us buried up in a drift. Same guy earlier in the day had a chain break and tear off a rear brake line. Second week in a row we've had someone lose a brake line. We patched him up and continued our day. I got some stunning skyline shots on the way out.
    Here's a couple of video links. I edited these to run a 2x speed, more scenery less cutting.
    http://youtu.be/5Sc2cPhvCnk
    http://youtu.be/MT1Kn5ci0kY
    sigpicerrinjan 99 TJ to much to list....

Thanks for the videos. Wish I was there with you, I am really trying to get a summer trip in and hope to see you guys.
    Alan

Comment

Just let us know, we'll run just about anywhere.

Comment

Well now you got me excited for another snow run video and nothing. Time to hit the trails and send us back another video. Hurry now, I need my snow fix. I will keep you in the loop on when we are a comming.
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by errinjan View Post
          Just let us know, we'll run just about anywhere.
          The fmaily and I will be out there (Colorado Springs area) in June for a few weeks, do you have any suggestions on Jeep rentals out there? I found one up by Frisco which looked decent.

Thanks,

John
          1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

I'll check around, there's a guy in Silver Plume which is about 15 miles west from Idaho Springs (same guy I rented from before we got our TJ) Frisco is a long way from Colorado Springs. Take a look at Traildamage.com-It lists trails by county with ratings, pictures, Gps tracks and some video. Get a idea of what you'd like to see. I will say the Frisco area offers one of our favorite areas. It has very scenic trails combined with high altitudes. June is probably to early for Red Cone but it's in the area. Frisco is Park county. Idaho Springs is Clear Creek county. Colorado Springs is Teller I think. I'll post up on a few of the forums around here. Some one will come up with something.

Comment

I've heard most all the Car Rental agencies offer Jeep style products.

Comment

Working...
              X