Colorado Trails Closed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Trails Closed

Thought I would pass this on.Middle Fork Pass,Red Cone Pass,Webster Pass,Hardcart Gulch and Georgia Pass are still closed due to snow.Wearyman and McAllister are open but are in poor condition due to heavy rains and soil erosion.Holy Cross may close soon part of the road has washed out due to the heavy rains.

There was a group here that hit Red Cone Saturday, I was at the Webster Trail head or Trail end not sure which while running Deer Creek (Rd 5) on Sunday. Deer Creek was still blocked by a snow field about 3/4's of the way around. I can't wait to run Red Cone, I'm not sure I'm up for the scheduled Red Cone Night Run coming up next month. Here's a video of their run this past Saturday

http://youtu.be/l-LxPa3QvH0
    sigpicerrinjan 99 TJ to much to list....

Comment

sorry guys, but living in kc, it's hard to even imagine a snowy trail right now, it's been so hot here. (Lovin' my a/c, Jodee!!)

Comment

YEAH YEAH!!!! and I am running no top or doors and NO AC

Comment

I have heard that some of the trails down around Ouray/ Telluride are still closed too, and many of them open a little sooner than the trails up north.

I am in the same boat heading out to do the Dusy Ershim in August.

The lower altitude trails are going to open 4-6 weeks late, and the Dusy usually opens about a month or so would mean September if after that. On top of that the unusually large amount of snow has knocked over a LOT of trees. At the lower elevation trails ie Swamp Lake, Spanish Route, bot have 35-40 trees accross the trails.

Crazy weather!

Comment

Snow is melting Fast

Denver has been in the mid 90's for a few days and is expecting to stay there for awhile. A Basin had skiers July 4th, all that snow is gone. We've been getting pounded by rain every afternoon for about two weeks now.

I do not miss KC summers, Denver is warm but maintains a low dew point. Here in Idaho Springs we top out in the mid 80's.
            sigpicerrinjan 99 TJ to much to list....

Comment

Working...
            X