Kansas Rocks Crawfest pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas Rocks Crawfest pics

Thanks to everyone who came out to support Kansas Rocks.

3rd place Street Stock finishers Dani Moran and Mike Moran

Tied for second place was Travis Dye and Ben Williams

Also finishing in second place was Smuz and Mel

Taking home top honors in the street stock once again...
    Kevin Kimbrough and Mel!

Taking home a 1st place Trophy in the the Unlimited class is Dave Fugett and Jeremy Hislop!

Photos 168 by sotjake, on Flickr

Photos 163 by sotjake, on Flickr

Photos 145 by sotjake, on Flickr

Comment

Photos 140 by sotjake, on Flickr

Photos 129 by sotjake, on Flickr

Photos 125 by sotjake, on Flickr

Photos 118 by sotjake, on Flickr

Photos 113 by sotjake, on Flickr

Photos 115 by sotjake, on Flickr

link to all the pictures my wife took.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/good-ph...th/5707012763/
      Last edited by inphobic; 05-11-2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Great pics and congrats Mike.

John
        1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Told you, you were going down Mike. But now I guess we need to team up against Kevin.

Comment

I can't say I have an excuse. I was dead beat after trying to get Henry (blue FJ) through all that of the first 2 courses. His wheelbase, limitation of ifs and no locker, and throttle happy made it really difficult to take lines I can see.
            The courses were tight so many teams went beyond what would be considered a course to negate a back (-1 pt).

Or my driving and hitting a cone on course one. Or my spotter, as good as he is on trails, just not the same in tight comps.
            Last edited by jagular7; 05-11-2011, 05:18 PM.
            Mike
            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Well I had a BLAST! I'm glad Will talked me into doing it.

Jake I would be up for this type of event a couple more times a year. I thought the 10 min time limit was great. And the fact that it didnt matter if you did it in 2 mins or 9:59. I watched the event at Kansas Krawl at Tuttle this year and unless you were driving like a mad man there is a more slim chance at winning. And my rig cost too much to just bounce it off trees and such like I saw at the Kansas Krawl. Now I know its mainly for fun but hey I always go for the win. this event was more about driving ability, spotting ability and the trust between driver and spotter.

Like I said, I would be at every one of these events if you had more. Even if there wasn't a payout. It's just fun and for me it is good because I'm still new and it helps at picking lines.

Congrats and a big thanks Jake. I had a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                I can't say I have an excuse. I was dead beat after trying to get Henry (blue FJ) through all that of the first 2 courses. His wheelbase, limitation of ifs and no locker, and throttle happy made it really difficult to take lines I can see.
                The courses were tight so many teams went beyond what would be considered a course to negate a back (-1 pt).

Or my driving and hitting a cone on course one. Or my spotter, as good as he is on trails, just not the same in tight comps.
                Noone made you wait to do the course last, shouldve jumped in sooner. wouldnt have mattered though :)

All in good fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by TDYE522 View Post
                  spotting ability and the trust between driver and spotter.

Yea trust me up until late in the day up zukes slick rock exit lol thats when you shouldve called me nuts

Comment

No problems guys! I really enjoy watching everyone work together. Next one is August 20th.
                    See everyone there!

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                      I didn't realize you were the authority on what is "considered a course". Are those your words, or Jake and the judges words? Obviously yours, because people would have been penalized for going out of bounds, if it was Jake or the judges words.
                      Everyone knew the boundaries (or if they didn't, they need to pay more attention). So everyone had the same opportunity to use "all of the course". If they chose not to, then that was their choice.

Comment

I would really like to try to come out and participate in one of these, if I can get my timing lined up. I will be gone for the next one in August as well.

IMO it just looks like a lot of fun!

Wally

Comment

Working...
                        X