No announcement yet.

What are the chances someone has a car trailer they want to trade for a Utility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances someone has a car trailer they want to trade for a Utility

I have 16 foot Maxey, tandem axle with electric brakes and tall lift gate. I have decided its time to get a car hauler to tote the Jeep to some places a little further out than I am willing to risk breaking something and being stuck if I had driven the Jeep. The body on my trailer is excellent, it is getting some bad spots in the wooden deck that need to be replaced. Tires are excellent, wheels are nice. Trailer is a 2009

Kinda wondering if someone has a nice 16' car hauler they are wanting to swap in some fashion. I can trade mine in on a new one but ya always loose yer *** so I thought I would give this a try first.

You can cut out a section of the top lip, replace the boards, weld the cut out section back in. Bearings on 3500lb axles need to be serviced yearly.

I have a wooden decked trailer, I keep it in good shape and its been taken to Moab, High Sierras, Colorado. Narry an issue, less running into the gas pump on my way out of the gas station in Manhatten a couple of years ago.

Wally

Comment

Originally posted by WallyP226 View Post
      You can cut out a section of the top lip, replace the boards, weld the cut out section back in. Bearings on 3500lb axles need to be serviced yearly.

I have a wooden decked trailer, I keep it in good shape and its been taken to Moab, High Sierras, Colorado. Narry an issue, less running into the gas pump on my way out of the gas station in Manhatten a couple of years ago.

Wally
      Yup, I can redeck it no problem, I even considered adding some cross members to beef it up to haul the jeep however I only have about 1" of spare width according to my quick measurements. We shall see how things pan out.

Comment

Cool.

I was thinking it was a maintenance issue as motivation for a trailer trade verses a dimension/ size issue. I have replaced several wooden decks in the last couple of years. This last fall I had a buddy that owns a lawn service that was going to trade in his trailer because the floor was rotted out and his lawn mowers were falling through the deck. We fixed the floor on an 18' trailer for less than $175 in treated lumber and a little over an hours worth of work.

Wally

Comment

Working...
        X