Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! -- Trailer Tow or Rental? -- Where to go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! -- Trailer Tow or Rental? -- Where to go?

I found a 1973 Jeep J4000 pickup. I need to trailer it from Neosho, MO back to the Kansas City area.

I tried U-Haul but their website identifies that their trailers won't handle the weight of the J4000.

Does anyone know where to rent a trailer that can fit a full size jeep pickup truck (I would be towing it with a 1981 Jeep FSJ Cherokee)?

A service that might do this or a club member looking to make a few bucks on getting the truck and bringing it back -- about 166 miles down on 71 South --

Need to get this truck back to the KC area --

Need help -- Bob

when do you need this done by?
    Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Wes -- It can be scheduled at any time that fits for the right time and calendar date.

I'm negotiating the "buy" of the truck right now and want to negotiate down the cost of the truck with cost to have it trailered back to KC.

The seller would like it out sooner rather than later but I can negotiate the timing out into October if needed.

Bob

Comment

not sure yet when i could do it, but would if you buy the diesel.
        Wes

Comment

my brother could do it if you want. just let me know.

Comment

Wes/94YJUpHigh:

Thanks -- The seller and I have come to an agreement on price and he has no problem in my storing the Jeep at his property until I can pick it up.

I would of course cover all expenses (diesel) and everyone's time is worth something too so I would want to cover that.

I'll contact you with more details once the seller and I get this worked out -- really appreciate the offers and I'll email/PM you to figure out a date/time that works.

Here is a picture of the J-truck -- just so you have an idea of how excited I am to find this one and to ensure that this truck would work be OK on your trailer.

Comment

I've got an 18' dovetail, rated at 7500 lbs.

I think that would fit.
              Wes

Comment

Working...
              X