Need a Small Trailer to Tow Behind my Jeep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Small Trailer to Tow Behind my Jeep

Greetings. I am looking for recommendations for a small utility trailer to haul a few things that don't fit in my jeep. It would be nice if it was more durable than the flimsy harbor freight trailers. I would not rule out the possibility of putting jeep wheels on it, building it up, and using it offroad. However, I basically need something to haul lumber, camping gear, or a motorcycle. Any advice will be appreciated!

-- Ron

Look at small utility trailers off CL. HFs can be good as well (one out there on CL for $120), but figure you're going to have to weld the bolted together frame to make it more rigid.

Look into boat trailers. You can always cut tongues shorter and move the axle around. Many larger single boat trailers have a leaf spring bracket that slides on the frame to better the actual boat on the trailer.
    PWCs are just as good as well.

Look into using military shipping containers. They come with secured and weather-proofed tops. I've got lots of stuff for the trailer conversion for sale.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I bought mine a few years back at Tractor Supply..

Comment

well what ever trailer you get...make sure it is rated for the weight you plan to haul !

I usually allow a rating of 25% or more for what I think my maximum load will be ;-)
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

there is a smaller utility trailer probably 12' or so for sale in Olathe for $500.
          Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

try austin sales :) theirs a few trailers out back of the independence store and a ton of them at the store off k7

Comment

So would a 20'er be a little big for your needs? ;) If not I have one I'd like to sell.

Comment

A 5'x8' is about the right size, any bigger won't work off road, any smaller won't haul lumber. I needed 2" spacers to get Jeep wheels on mine.
                The camper is from a long bed Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ9Dave View Post
                  A 5'x8' is about the right size, any bigger won't work off road, any smaller won't haul lumber. I needed 2" spacers to get Jeep wheels on mine.
                  The camper is from a long bed Dakota.

I saw this when you posted the it originally on the forum. I was wondering if you have more pics of it (inside, during the build, etc), or have a build thread somewhere? Seems like a great idea to me!

Comment

4 X 6 trailer

I have a 3500 lb 4 x 6 trailer with an off road hitch I'm thinking about selling. It has 15" white spoke rims and new tires. Jeep wheels will not fit as the center holes in a jeep wheel are to small to fit over the trailers hubs.

Comment

If going enclosed, I would not buy anything smaller than a 5x8. I recently bought a pickup, so I sold the trailer...but the 5x8 was minimally useful. I managed to SQUEEZE 2 motorcycles in there, but once I bought my Ulysses it barely fit in by itself! The 8' length was good for lumber. most 6x10 have a front door and higher walls- that's what I would get of I buy another.

Comment

Working...
                      X