Question about my K2500 suburban

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my K2500 suburban

I seem to have the rare 97 with the 32 spline NV243 C elec. shift tcase in my truck. It's having a few problems lately and I'm thinking about replacing it. I can't find for the life of me if anything else is compatible in this thing. I can find NP246's all day. they were in the 99-05 2500 trucks and SUV's can anyone help me out here and tell me if any other Tcase will work here for me

If it matters it's a 97 K2500 Burban with a 454, 4L80E
    Thanks guys

Try car-parts.com. This could lead you with comparable tcases or even a swap. Its a listing of yards selling their parts.

What is going wrong with it? Try Inland as well. They may have something in their books.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Thanks, I'm not 100% sure what's wrong. I'm going to do more research this next week

Comment

any updates?

Comment

Well I've found that my 4WD didn't work after testing it the other day so I replaced the electric shift motor thinking that would help. The only thing it did was allow me to go into 4WD, which is a definite bonus,but it still kicks out of reverse when I give it too much gas. And I also noticed that when it kicks out and grinds my speedo takes off which tells me the input shaft is spinning so that tells me it's in the internals of the transfer case. So looks like I need to either have it rebuilt or find a replacement which are fairly easy to locate, just need the money.

Comment

Working...
          X