trailer tire size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer tire size

since my new trailer has 3 different size tires on it Im going to get 4 new trailer tires. What size should i get? What is a common tire size to run on a trailer?

Thanks for the suggestions.

my new one has P225 75 15 on it..

edit. mine are load range "D". once they need replaced, they will be "E".
    5200# axles, w/ brakes on both.

Comment

depends on how stout of a tire you want. 7.00r 15's are what we run on some of the farm trailers. Think they are 14 ply. My old bumper pull Jeep triler had 225/75/15 's on it. They are 8 ply. I would just say to putt on as big a tire as you can get.

Comment

My trailer has 205-75R-15 radial trailer tires. 1 is at load range B and the other 3 at load range C. I've got a spare wheel and will mount a load range C on it. I plan to pull the B tire and put it on the trailer for spare. I also plan to get another spare as a running spare. My def for running spare is one I can put on and keep rolling and not stop to look for another tire.

Its a 16+2 wood/metal deck, 3500# axles, 1 brake, 2" ball.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Minimum for a 3500lb axle would be an ST205/75D15 - in a load range "C" or 6-ply rating (~1800 lbs max per tire) but I prefer the ST225/75D15 as it's right around 2K lbs per tire.

Make sure you get the "ST" rated tire and not an LT or P rated "car" tire.

Comment

Working...
          X