Got my new tow rig PICS ADDED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new tow rig PICS ADDED

Just got it home about 10 minutes ago. 1997 Suburban 2500 4X4 LT. Has quite a few miles but it drives real nice. I figured this should pull my boat or either the XJ or YJ wherever I want it to.

Pics

so are we getting pics or what?

Comment

will post them tonight when i get home from work. last night i washed waxed and painted the wheels and by the time I got done it was dark again.

Comment

Big white boat with wheels. So where are other pics? Only driver's side? What are the specs: engine, trans, gear ratio, sound, seating, sleeping, etc?
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

looks good! except that little bowtie on the front! just playin.
          "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
          Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

centercaps?

Comment

With the wheels it's just a light bar and some stripes away from looking like a police-issue vehicle.

I like it though. I love Suburbans for tow rigs. Lots of room for stuff and comfy for sleeping.

Comment

nice rig.... Im looking to get a 3/4 ton here in the next few months.... but for now I guess i can pull with my half ton (beefed up the rear leafs).

I like that though, let us know how it pulls

Comment

Tommy, I like your thinking. I could really have some fun with that.
                  Travis, I had to leave the caps, it looked horrid without them.

As for specs,it is the 2500 4X4, it has the 7.4l engine, 4L80E, 4.10 gears, seats 8 but the rear seat is coming out for more sleeping room. The sound system is completely stock but i think we all know that I will not be leaving it like that. I have plans for at least three tv screens and a mild stereo. Thats all the pics I felt like taking, it looks the same on the other side as it does on the drivers side. Tan leather with the split bench (for now) would like to change to buckets eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by t.co10
                    centercaps?
                    it's called "BLING"!!! :P

OH... and nice rig!!

I love my 3/4T Sub for towing.. even if it's 10years older, and ALOT uglier!!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. It's nothing special, but it should get the job done.

I was doing some research and I discovered I lied to you all. Turns out I have 3.73 gears not the 4.10 like I thought. I feel terrible for leading everyone on and I AM SORRY. I found this out b/c I need to rebuild my front axle (pinion bearing) and while trying to locate a used one I figured this out. I have found one and will hopefully be getting it in a week or two so I can use 4WD again.

As for the "bling", that's the last thing I'm going for trust me.

Comment

did the seller lie to you about the gear ratio? just curious why you thought it was 4.10.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
                          did the seller lie to you about the gear ratio? just curious why you thought it was 4.10.
                          Hmmm a seller telling a lie "That would never happen" I would assume because was a 3/4 ton that it may have been assumed a 410, but please share.
                          Alan

Comment

I had just assumed it was 4.10. Don't get me started on the seller lying to me. this truck needs more in repairs than I paid for it and go figure.........can't get a hold of him. it's cool I know where he lives.

Comment

Originally posted by audioguy1
                              I had just assumed it was 4.10. Don't get me started on the seller lying to me. this truck needs more in repairs than I paid for it and go figure.........can't get a hold of him. it's cool I know where he lives.
                              I can relate, but I purchased mine from a large reputable dealership.
                              According to them mine went through their very detailed service department for inspection and any repairs prior to selling to be sure it was reliable and problem free!!! Ha, Ha, Ha

So Sorry it was a used car and yes that 100% warranty is very, very limited...
                              Alan

But it still tows like a beast!!! :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X