Hoist question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist question

Got a 13' 4 door hard top. Need a hoist and wanted to get your feedback on what the best one is

I just got and installed a Racor Heavy duty Lift. I can send you some pictures of it installed. you can e-mail me at dkight1@att.net

Comment

Harbor freight sells a 110v electric winch that's pretty good. You can build a hanger for the top and hoist it a few inches off the ground to adjust the balance, then winch it up. Or use pulleys to built one that pulls from multiple corners at the same time so you don't have to balance it. I hung mine in the garage with J hooks on pipe for almost 2 years like that.... easy to get up and down with the electric winch too.

Comment

I just built a deep storage shelf in my garage the same height as my Jeep with a cutout for the spare in the center. opened up the back window, backed the jeep right up to it and slid it off. Stored stuff inthe center of the hardtop on the shelf afterwards.

Comment

Need Hoist Help

Just bought a 2013 Sahara Unlimited and need a top hoist; looking for suggestions and someone to install it? Any direction would be appreciated.

Comment

I have virtually no mechanical skills and I installed the Racor lift myself in my garage.

Comment

Working...
            X