Rock Sliders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Sliders

So i need some opinions on rock rails, I've got it narrowed down to 3 choices but as im asking for opinions im open to others also. AJ's, JCR, and Rocky road. Im leaning towards AJ's because of the cost. $260 and i prep and paint myself saving $$. So anyone have any good or bad experiences with any of these?
    01XJ- 5.5 RE lift, Dana 60 & detroit locker w/moser 35 spline shafts, rear disc brake conversion, currie steering, sye, jks discos, rinolined everthing.

I had the AJ's and was very happy with them. Took a good beating and was a simple install as long as your stock rocker isn't all ready beat up.
    sigpic
    MIDWESTWHEELER

Comment

Well there's also the option of cutting your rockers out and welding in some 2x4 or 2x6 box steel. Something I've been researching. There's all kinds of threads on it throughout the forums on the net. Tie in some kickers to the unirail too. Of course it requires welding skills - but most likely someone you know has those skills if you don't. The stock from a place like Metal by the Foot is gonna be much cheaper than buying one of the three you mentioned.

Just a thought..........
      -Mike B-
      '01 XJ Sport
      '11KK Limited

Comment

I had thought about going the homemade route but i only know 1 guy with the equipment to do it so that kinda went out the window. Besides i like the guarantee you get with the store bought models. Those AJ's are lookin good. Thanks for the info guys.
        01XJ- 5.5 RE lift, Dana 60 & detroit locker w/moser 35 spline shafts, rear disc brake conversion, currie steering, sye, jks discos, rinolined everthing.

Comment

I am not sure if you got a chance to look at mine while you were at the picnic, but they are the AJ's Super Rockrails and I am very happy with them. The install was pretty easy and they have taken several hits. :)

http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/home.php?cat=250

John
          1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

I didn't get to look at your's John but I keep going back to the AJ website. Super rockrails it is!

Comment

So the AJ's Super Rockrails - the bolts through the uni-rail - are they self tappers? Nuszert? Bolted through to other side?
              -Mike B-
              '01 XJ Sport
              '11KK Limited

Comment

I think they are self tappers at the main frame but don't hold me to that. They should bolt to the pinch weld at the outer side. If you are going to do some serious wheelin' (and I'm sure you are) I would weld them to the frame rail and pinch seam, that's what I did. Throw the hardware in the tool box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Goat View Post
                  I think they are self tappers at the main frame but don't hold me to that. They should bolt to the pinch weld at the outer side. If you are going to do some serious wheelin' (and I'm sure you are) I would weld them to the frame rail and pinch seam, that's what I did. Throw the hardware in the tool box.
                  I thought of doing that if I got them but if/when I got frame stiffeners it'd be a whole lot easier to unbolt them and then weld to the stiffeners. IDK........I'm just brainstorning.
                  Last edited by JeepN4kc; 11-17-2012, 10:50 PM.
                  -Mike B-
                  '01 XJ Sport
                  '11KK Limited

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
                    I thought of doing that if I got them but if/when I got frame stiffeners it'd be a whole lot easier to unbolt them and then weld to the stiffeners. IDK........I'm just brainstorning.
                    That is why I just bolted mine on for now, I would hate to have to cut them off in case I put on frame stiffeners later.

:)

John
                    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Working...
                    X