Rancho RS5000s ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancho RS5000s ????

So my new shocks got here today and there seems to be a slight problem i think. I can collapse these shocks by hand woth little force. If i attempt to collapse them fast theres greater resistance. Weird thing was i opened them up and usually as most of you know, shocks will come with wires keeping them collapsed. These didnt have it. Anyone running 5000s and can give me a heads up. These are going on a CJ with leafs and shocks. Thanks yall

That would make me pretty nervous. I had to lean on mine pretty hard to collapse them...even my stockers sitting on the shelf have a pretty good amount of resistance to collapse them.

Comment

Very easy to collapse. Granted they are rear shocks but once i press em in they dont expand on their own.

Comment

my rusty's shockes where that way too...once installed i had no issues.
        "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
        Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Every shock I have ever installed ( in past 30 years or so) have had to require force to compress and always rebounded (extended)
          I usually have to physically compress them and tie them off to install if factory strap/wire breaks!
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Yeah they came with no wire ties on them. A slight amount of force is required to compress. But not much. I can hear the fluid moving inside. Just no expansion once they are in. Very weird.Im skeptical about tearing down my old set and throwing these on now. I may send em back and get something else..

Comment

gas charged shocks will rebound automatically. RS 5000 are not gas charged.

there is nothing wrong with them.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by lagnaf View Post
                gas charged shocks will rebound automatically. RS 5000 are not gas charged.

there is nothing wrong with them.

Dan

thats what i ment....didnt word it right. thanks dan!
                "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Working...
                X