Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are folks using for Oil Pan Armor??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are folks using for Oil Pan Armor??

I'm heading to FrostBite12 at KS Rocks and want to get some type of oil pan protection for my 08 Rubicon. I can't find a whole lot out there. Any one have experience with Rancho "glue on" shield? How about the Northridge EVO one that bolts on top of your existing oil pan using same bolts that hold on your existing oil pan? Any thoughts?

I have the EVO oil pan skid, it is easily installed and seems very capable. You may also want to consider getting a skid for your evaporator canister, as it is pretty vulnerable back there.

Comment

I have a factory belly skid (89 yj) and nothing else.
      Have wheeled a few dozen times and never even felt need for oilpan skid :)
      Just make sure not to drive over point rocks / tree stumps that are tall enough and in-line with ya oil pan ;)
      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

The oil pan will self clearance. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          The oil pan will self clearance. :D
          I did consider that the oil pan should self clear, but I do believe that it is possible for it to take a direct hit.

I also considered that I am new to this hobby, and that if there is a rock or whatever out there waiting to punch a hole in my oil pan, I will somehow manage to find it.

Comment

Oh, I know what you mean. I ran Rocky Road at SMORR in reverse when I was still stock. The oil pan is still dented from that run. Yes, I ran a 4-rated trail in reverse, in a stock Rubicon. :)

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Oh, I know what you mean. I ran Rocky Road at SMORR in reverse when I was still stock. The oil pan is still dented from that run. Yes, I ran a 4-rated trail in reverse, in a stock Rubicon. :)
              If I am not mistaken, I was directly behind you and have pictures around here somewhere :)
              I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
              Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
              it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
              Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by Chipper View Post
                I have the EVO oil pan skid, it is easily installed and seems very capable. You may also want to consider getting a skid for your evaporator canister, as it is pretty vulnerable back there.
                Thanks - as new to Jeeps, I completely missed that. Ordered one last night, will be here today, installed by this evening - READY for Frostbite in the Morning. Thanks again.....I can use the tips

Comment

There is a large local KC JK owners group. You'll see them all together, about 20 or so. Very friendly and knowledgeable owners. Check out JKOwners.com under the Regional forum, South Central. They'll be able to support the JK questions from the perspective of trial/errror, upgrades, etc.
                  Mike
                  Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Just got back from KSRocks. REALLY glad I took your advice on evap armor!! Skid plate has a few dents but all is well!

Comment

Working...
                    X