H4 headlights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 headlights?

Anyone have The aftermarket H4 headlights? The sealed headlights suck and I was wanting to upgrade, but I was wondering on if they were that much better... Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

I do....and if you are going to upgrade to H4 headlights, upgrade the wiring harness too. Here is what I installed....

I have before and after headlight pics too, in case you want to see them.

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Yeah, I would love to see them. Do you feel that they made a fairly significant difference? Thank you for the response.

Comment

They (harness and lights) made a huge difference. I never did just the lights, as I installed the lights and harness at the same time. The harness comes with the relays, etc and is just a plug and play operation. I have some pics posted under my build post in the members section, but photobucket is blocked at work, so I will repost them here when I get home tonight.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

I have run IPF H4s in every jeep I've ever owned. They are awesome compared to stock. I agree with you. The stock sealed beam lights suck!

Here are some better pics of the lights.

Hi

Comment

Did you upgrade your wiring as well?

Comment

Get the H4 Housings, and hit me up about Hi/Low HID kit and you will have the brightest lights available, you wont need kc's or any other lights. Just ask Jagular how bright my rzr lights are :) When we get travis's done Ill post up a how to.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT View Post
                Did you upgrade your wiring as well?
                Not yet. But I did on my last rig and noticed an even greater improvement! Lights work much better when they can draw power directly from the battery. I will eventually get my wiring upgraded in this jeep but getting it off jack stands has been more important.
                Hi

Comment

Here are a few pics.....

Stock headlights on low beam...

Stock headlights on low beam a little farther away...

Here are the upgraded headlights on low beam...

Upgraded headlights a little farther away...

and upgraded high beams....

The difference is even better in person.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

:shock: who'da thunk?...:scratch: i did the h4 hid upgrade, but i put them in really nifty-lookin' black projector beam housings, and they SUCK.
                    (note to self: even glossy black doesn't reflect well)

Comment

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I am just gathering information. I wanted to upgrade my headlights a while back, so I posted on another forum. I thought that these types of headlights were illegal, based off what they said. I was just wondering if they were illegal or not. Maybe they were talking about a different type of light. Just trying to get the facts straight. :) Cause if they are legal then I am going to upgrade!

Comment

There is nothing illegal about the H4 upgrade. There are certain housings that are not DOT approved and by definition... somewhat not legal. But that is really a guesstimate. There are many housings that do meet DOT requirements and are 100% legal. :)
                        Hi

Comment

Sweet, Thank you! I know what I'm doing soon, Haha.

Comment

Thank you freeman. You can def. tell the difference in the pics, and I know what you mean when you say it looks better in person, I tried taking pics of mine when I did a car awhile back and you couldnt tell much at all in pics.

Scott, H4's are normal car headlights, and therefore legal. Your thinking of the HID kits. They are generally illegal when placed in a stock (non-HID) housing. The non-HID housings dont conseal/direct the light properly and will blind oncoming drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT View Post
                              Thank you freeman. You can def. tell the difference in the pics, and I know what you mean when you say it looks better in person, I tried taking pics of mine when I did a car awhile back and you couldnt tell much at all in pics.

Scott, H4's are normal car headlights, and therefore legal. Your thinking of the HID kits. They are generally illegal when placed in a stock (non-HID) housing. The non-HID housings dont conseal/direct the light properly and will blind oncoming drivers.
                              No problem. Let me know if you need the part numbers, etc. As far as legal, if you notice in the pics there is a sharp cut-off at the top of the lights, this is what keeps them from blinding on coming traffic and meets DOT specs. Mine are the e-code housings, which throw a small triangle of light to the upper right to help light up signs, etc.

:)

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

Working...
                              X