Front Bumper for TJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bumper for TJ

I just purchased this bumper and was curious what anyone thought of it. I just liked the roller on the lower section of the bumper, but now I wondering if my weight will just destroy it. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    Alan

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12050_001.htm

No experience with this bumper but that roller looks like its headed for a bend ahead or hanging up of things!

Comment

I like it, seems a bit pricey though!

Comment

Originally posted by tschafer
        No experience with this bumper but that roller looks like its headed for a bend ahead or hanging up of things!
        I do agree with you on the bend part, but as High as my Jeep sits I thought this might give me a little more protection underneat. Not a lot, but I also thought the roller might act like stinger for sliding up some rocks before my front tires make contact. Not like this is going to be a huge deal, but I really like this whole roller concept.

I guess I worry that this compared to my Warn, my Warn seems heavier, cleaner looking and less moving parts to break, but this roller concept just seems to pull my interest.
        Alan

Comment

A while back I was talking to Shane about those kinds with the rollers, he said he sees em up there and they work well....I think they should as long as you don't ramothon a rock.....

Comment

I look forward to seeing your Jeep all set up.

Comment

My brother picked one of those up to replace his factory after the first numbnut pulled out in front of him. Gotta say I'm not all that impressed with its durability. Appears to be fairly easy to bend the corners back once you've made contact with something.

Comment

yeah, but most plate steel bumpers are that way unless it's .25 thick steel.... wich gets heavy quick.

Comment

Maybe I should have made this a poll question. Keep the Warn Rockcrwlers or Go with the

HighRock Front Bumper with 2' Approach Roller and Tubular Grill Guard in Black.

Cost is not an option since I already own both.
                  Alan
                  How about Yes for new bumper or no to stay with the Warn... I just like to be different and the roller seems kind of cool and the material of both bumpers seem to be 3/16, but the Warn being smaller seems a bit stromger because of seem closeness and size.

Comment

Working...
                  X