Flush mount tail lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush mount tail lights

I have decided after breaking about a half a dozen tail lights over the years, it's time to go flush mount. Does anyone know a good quality but inexpensive brand of flush mount tail lights. Any input would be helpful, Thanks in advance.

I have used boat trailer lights in the past their cheap sealed and easy to put in.

Comment

Originally posted by WillyNilly
      I have used boat trailer lights in the past their cheap sealed and easy to put in.
      Do they hold up to the abuse of shaking and rattling around when wheeling. Did you get them in the O.P. area.

Comment

I cant remember I got em at uhaul or walmart, they have a big rubber bushing that goes in the hole you drill and then the light clicks into that so its isolated pretty well. I havent had alot of trail time with mine yet but you can also get em in led and they might be more resiliant. I think they were only like 8 dollars or so.

I have been wanting to do it to my wrangler here but I dont want to buy the hole saw...

Comment

I cant remember I got em at uhaul or walmart, they have a big rubber bushing that goes in the hole you drill and then the light clicks into that so its isolated pretty well. I havent had alot of trail time with mine yet but you can also get em in led and they might be more resiliant. I think they were only like 8 dollars or so.

I have been wanting to do it to my wrangler here but I dont want to buy the hole saw...
          Thanks for the info. sounds like I will be heading to Walmart and U-Haul this weekend.

Comment

you wanna come do mine too? LOL let me know what you find, I would definatly probably get the one that has the rubber ring that holds it all in...

Comment

you wanna come do mine too? LOL let me know what you find, I would definatly probably get the one that has the rubber ring that holds it all in...
              I think that is what I'm leaning towards getting. I guess the cutting on the tub is probably what is bothering me the most.

Comment

just get the right size hole saw and dont look back! if you mask the area off with the painters tape rel well it will protect your paint some, and allow you to shoot the new surface with some paint then the rubber seal will cover the new paint and should be good as new!

Comment

Harbor Freight will usually have a sale on the 8 or 9 LEDs 4" round with the press fit style light. Click me

Last time they were $3.99 ea on sale and I picked up a few then, but it has been months.....
                  Mike
                  Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I actually have an extra set of new ones I can sell you pretty cheap. I bought them for my brother when I picked up mine, but he changed his mind after. Never got around to taking them back. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Comment

id take you up on those if you wernt in gardner!

Comment

Well I work in Lenexa. Does that make it any better?

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectYJ
                          Well I work in Lenexa. Does that make it any better?
                          Dang I live in Lawrence, I'm staying out of this one. LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X