Swamper LTB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamper LTB

I plan on buying a set and was wonder how everyone feels about them?
    I trailer my rig and it is for off road only.
    How long do you think they will last if I wheel about once a month mostly Krock style trails?
    They are also going on a 02 4 door tracker.
    33/13.50/15

I've never heard any complaints about LTB's offroad. The only complains I have heard are how they wear on the street, and being bias ply, they tend to get flat spots. For a trail-only rig, they'd be prefect I think.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

I just got finished running a set for 5 yrs. They will wear on the street, but if you rotate tires, they'll last longer. I think I got 18k miles out of them till I sold them.
        Keeping them balance enough for vibration free is not going to happen. I run dynamic balancing weight as well as Centramatics. This lessons the vibes but doesn't eliminate. They will be noisy as well. At highway speeds, I couldn't hear the radio yet have a conversation as well.
        For the trails, you'll have to air them down to get good sidewall flex from the light weight vehicle. My TJ weighs 3800#s which isn't bad for a TJ. I usually ran 7-8 psi on rocky trails. When there is snow and lots of it, 3-4psi to help the sidewalls flex.
        Before I went to Moab, I siped them to get more edges in the middle. Once you start to where them down, check the edges of the lugs. You may want to sipe them and also may want to rotate them on the wheels to keep the edges biting. My outside lugs were mostly rolled.

I never had a problem with them blowing a bead (15x7" wheel with 35x10.5 LTB) or cutting side walls, etc. Mine were cut by the terrain, but never had a hole to fix. At the end, they stood 31.5" tall.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

They are very good off road tires for the type of wheeling we have in this area.

How long they will last is a difficult question because there are so many variables. If you wheel once a month they will easily last at least two years. At the end of two years they will still have tread, but the side bars may be pretty well used.

I have run LTB's and am currently running TSL's. I consider them to be comparable and would have no problem changing from one to the other if size availability dictated.

Comment

My LTB are pretty agressive and perfect for off road. They are a soft compound so they cut fairly easy and loose chunks. I will probably buy another set when that time comes.

Comment

A tracker on 33s, you need to post a pic of that !

:shock:

Comment

Bought the tires today pics will follow with a write-up

Comment

Working...
                X