KM2s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM2s

I had LTBs and they were grippy when new and I guess I got use to them when I made left turns.

This is me turning into my driveway this evening. I had my daughter with me and she really felt it (she turned white eye- :lol: ). So I backed down and did it again, but she had the camera to catch the shot.

Its a 4cyl/auto. The suspension is no different than the last 5+ yrs I've had it. 2" spacers (poly rear/ACOS front), Rubi LJ coils, and articulating arms/bars.

It must be the massive torque from the hamsters....or I've got to relearn how to drive.....again.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

its them little nubs that come on new tyres! :P

they contain buku traction properties :twisted:

try not to wear them off to soon :mrgreen:
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Is this something thats frequent with TJs? I don't think I would care much for that happening when I turned left.

Wally

Comment

do you have a locker or spool in the rear? it looks like your rear tires stickin straight... But how cool are you your jeep can shake!

no wally I dont think its real common with tjs... I have only seen one oether vehicle do that and it was an old cj. my jeep wont do that...

Comment

Yah, I've got lockers. But this did happen when I got my LTBs also, just not as drastic. I first noticed it when I made a left at a light to scoot between traffic. Then my daughter didn't feel it. I told her and when I turned into my driveway, I did it again.
          My street is a hill and my driveway is another. I made the turn from an almost stop position. My Jeep does have a slight lift so it will squat. If you turn hard left and punch the gas - not floor it - it will lift the left front. This is all due to the configuration of the frame, track bars and control arms.
          Mike
          Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I used to be able to do the tire lift fairly easily when I wanted before I reconfigured things. No lockers, open in the rear with 3" RE lift.
            I don't think that it is all that uncommon in the right circumstances.

Comment

Jason Toth could do that with his TJ, we rode around a neighborhood doing that, 5:38 gears and what did he run a 5" LA lift, I loved it! it was a WAY cool factor IMO.

Comment

What size are those tires?
                sigpic
                Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
                99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Comment

They would be 35's sir.

Comment

I used to do that all the time and I know others that can too. You just turn sharp left give it a little gas and drop the clutch, you don't even have to try very hard.

When we were at Tuttle last year I saw Chris Smith pull a massive one pulling out onto the highway, :shock: WAY cool :lol:

Comment

Taught your Jeep to shake, cool.. :D How are you liking the KM2s offroad? I'm looking for new tires and was wondering how you like them so far.

Comment

Re: KM2s

Originally posted by jagular7

your tie rod looks bent
                        Hi

Comment

That's called "torque lift" or "torque over"- it's fairly common on coil sprung jeeps with no rear sway bar. Some install a rear curry sway bar to help stop it. I've seen jeeps do it on a trail obstacle and just lay over to take a nap. The Z turn on Moab Rim does that really well. That is the main reason you see TJ's with rear leafs sometimes. The leafs act as a sway bar since they have to twist to articulate.

It's caused by the torque applied to the rear by the driveshaft - equal opposite reaction blah blah blah.

It's also why leaf spring rigs should put thier single traction bar on the passenger side - to help counter it.

Comment

so you have a rear sway bar mike?

Comment

My TJ does this with BFG A/T KO's. Kinda scary when you're in traffic, going up hill and turning left! I thought it was going to flip and that I broke something. I got out to see what broke after I turned and parked. I am mindful of it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X