Rokmen sliders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rokmen sliders

Any one out there have rokmen mercenary rock sliders?

I have successfully sheared all the lower mounting bolts on my little steps and its time to start designing my sliders... I hear really good things about how Rokmen sliders mount and provide good under tub protection as well, but the guys at Rokmen do not want to give me any higher res shots of their sliders saying its "bad for business" :roll: but i understand where they are coming from...

so anyone out there running their sliders?

http://www.venemousduckracing.com/jeepsliders.html

found a good wright up but if someone could add pics from below after they are mounted id appreciate it!

Comment

those look real nice.!

Comment

I really like they way they look.
        "Satisfactory results" is an elusive goal.
        ¡¡¡ɹəʌo əɯ lloɹ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Comment

Sliders are overrated..... :shock:

Mike
          Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

lol thanks mike :?

Comment

I have a set that I haven't installed yet. Give me a call and you can come take pics of whatever you like.

Comment

I run the mercs on my LJ. Had to chop the ends to get the tube fendors to mate up, but they are awesome sliders. I've supported nearly the full weight of the Jeep on them, and used them to pivot around trees and big rocks with only scraped paint. They're beefy (1/4" vs. 3/16" steel that most use), and have a 45 degree bevel on the edge... if you get them, I'd recommend getting the reinforcement plates for inside the tub. they help stiffen everything and reduce the risk of tweaking the tub when you land on them. the wheel-well to wheel-well protection was a big selling point; if you're running regular flares, you'll need to trim them a bit to get the sliders underneath. SVTScott is running them like that.

Comment

I recently installed the Rokmen winch mount.
                  That thing is stout and is excellent quality. I would buy from him again.
                  2006 LJ Rubicon

Comment

I have done business with rokmen a few times but I do not have their sliders. They do make good stuff, but sometimes their arrogance gets in the way of business. I would take a good look at the gen-right and TNT (gotreks.com) stuff also as if you ever want to do a stretch, their stretch stuff should use the holes you are about to drill. I have done business with all of them and they all make great products. You really can't go wrong.

just my .02

Comment

Im not purchasing anyones sliders... Just need pics of how rokmens mount so i can design my own... and improve apon theirs...

Comment

Originally posted by cgmrdc
                        Im not purchasing anyones sliders... Just need pics of how rokmens mount so i can design my own... and improve apon theirs...
                        the pics in your link at begining of thread shows all the mounting holes.

you might have to scale them, but they are right there in the picture.

go back to site and look at all the pics and you will see

the second and third pics show holes on both mounting surfaces the best :P
                        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Want to build your own. Integrate the body mounts into them and get those raised higher on the frame. If you use box tubing, say 2x8x.120, then you can integrate that into the sheetmetal side panel as well as floor to add rigidity to the area. Then with the 6" underneath (2" added as a tree scraper), you can plan to add a front cage support for when you do that. By adding the front cage mount to the floor as well as the dash location, you strengthen the body panels. The cage mount behind the front seats will be secured to the 6" box tubing. The 6" deep will give you a nice skid plate underneath as well. Have seen my body mounts?
                          Mike
                          Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by cgmrdc
                            I think that was the very reason they decline to provide high res pics of their stuff. ;-)

You're welcome to look at mine; I don't have any pictures. The sheet metal basically wraps around the body and goes almost to the frame, and bolts on through the bottom & sides of the tub. There's a 45 degree "boatside" edge on them, about 2" wide (I think... going from memory).

The only thing we modified on mine was where we had to lop the ends off for the tube fenders to clear. They've got the internal reinforcement plates, etc.

Comment

spune, they show the holes yes but I would like to see where the holes are in relation to the underbody features... If that write up showed me exactly what i needed to see i would have deleted this thread :P

tommy, i just saw your post for the first time... dont know why i missed it earlier :?
                              Ill give you a shout this weekend and come take a look :D

Comment

Working...
                              X