SuperFlow MV50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperFlow MV50

I recently purchased a Q industies SuperFlow MV50 at Chux Trux. I have looked it up on the web and the reviews look good for the size and price of the unit. It is suppossed to air a tyre up in just a couple of minutes (car) and larger tyres(like 35's) in under 4 minutes.

I haven't tried it as of yet, as hood is stuck on the Duke (pull wire release), so I will pry hood open Monday at shop and give this compressor a test.

I will also go ahead and install the hood pins I bought a few months ago too :roll:

anyways

Has anyone had experience with this compressor and if so, how do you rate it?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

well I got hood up no problemo at shop (hood pins are on hold LOL)

and I had a Tyre (right rear) at around 12 psi.

I hooked up hose and hit on button, NOTHING!

Re hooked clips to battery and so-so

sounded on sorta almost, maybe :roll:

went and started up the Duke and

WOW!!!!!! this thing works great!

aired that tyre up like fast, well quick :roll:

took maybe 2 minutes or so to get to 30 psi :P

I LIKE :twisted:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

picks?

Comment

here is a link to a sale

http://www.amazon.com/Q-Industries-M.../dp/B000BM8RT8

I got mine for the listed price, wish I would of seen this before then, LOL

I did get a club discount ( Chux Trux) so I guess it was almost $10.00 less than list price :twisted:

but I like the way it has worked so far, I will get to test it better this saturday when I air back up at the rocks
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I have a Q industries M50 and it works great.

I got mine at Costco for for about $40. I have had it for 2+ years and aired up dozens of tires with it. It takes about 15 minutes to go from 15psi to about 35psi on four 32" tires.

The only negatives that I see is that the fittings are Chinese metric and you can't use standard fitting couplers/ I have seen the scew in fittings tapped for 1/8 npt fittings.

For the price to performance consideration, they are hard to beat. I recently bought a second one, just in case the first one wants to take a dump.

Wally

Comment

I have used mine a few times and it takes me about ten minutes to air up four 31X10.50's from 15psi to 35 psi (give or take a minute or two :lol: )
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I didn't do one of those stopwatch tests either. My time included popping the hood, hooking it up and moving from tire to tire. There are several comparison tests on the internet, the MV-50 and Mv-1050 Q industries air compressors, and the results suggest that its faster than ARBs among other well known brands. The duty cycle is about 25% I think. 1/3 horse motor.

You might check the head bolts, sometimes they can be a little loose. I took mine apart and retorqued the head. Its a simple reed valve design with a piston. Boy does it work well, IMO.

Wally

Comment

I haven't hit the duty cycle yet ( where it shuts down to cool off for 5 minutes or so) but the manual claims it can run continuously for 40 minutes. I reacon if some tyre's were completely flat, I might reach it LOL
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Kind of a long term product review.

I aired my 35" KM2 tires down to 11psi, I just aired them back up. It takes 2 minutes to go from 11psi to 20psi, 4 minutes to go from 11psi to 25 psi, and 5 minutes to 31psi. Thats 16 minutes to very street able tire pressures for a 35" tire on a 3700lb Jeep.

I finally was able to trip the thermal breaker, trying to air all 4 tires up to 35psi.

I found a hole in my air hose as it goes to a manifold. LOL who knows if I would have reached 35psi in all 4 tires?

I have had 4 of these air compressors now, all of them work great, the oldest one was purchased in 2004. I have one hardwired into my Jeep with an in dash switch via a relay, for 3 years now.

Its certainly a bargain for the performance.

Wally

Comment

Working...
                  X