3" Lift for 1999 XJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" Lift for 1999 XJ

I am looking for a lift kit for my XJ. I don't have alot of cash and I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. I was looking at a Rough Country 3" lift but I was worried about the quality and completeness of the kit. Should I go with the rough country and if not what kit would you recommend? Keep in mind I'm working on a budget of about $500 and I don't want to go any larger than 3" of lift. Thanks.

unfortunately with 3 inches on a 99 chances are you will be spending more on an SYE and new DS because they are more prone to vibes then the older tcases.

But if you can continue to save a little more i would recomend holding out for a RE 3.5" super flex kit... they are considerable more than 500 but def worth the extra money...

As far as the RC lift... ive never really heard good things... but read as much as you can online before you make any choice... Id recomend searching NAXJA and jeepforum...

Comment

what size tire are you wanting to run?

Comment

no larger than 31"

Comment

I run a ruff country 3" lift with 31" Baja Claws. I had a great time wheeling this combo with open diff. By the time I got lockers, rear springs (stock XJ) were starting to show the effects of spring wrap. I got another set, cut the eyes of top and 2" off each end of 2nd spring, added them to existing pack and now have like 5" lift in back. I am adding a 1" donute to level it up a little better, but check me gallery and you will see I can go pertnear everywhere but the taller ledges, as me tyres are now only about 29" tall

next few weeks I am replaceing transfercase with a SYE case and will be able to get rid of 1" transfercase drop, I don't know if I actualy needed it for 3", but it was only like $30 or so new (a carton of smokes?) :roll:

and bump lift another 2" or so for some 34" tyres with no worries :P
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

would a transfer case drop be okay for a 3 inch lift because sye kits are expensive and i dont really have enough money?

Comment

RE 3.5" Lift kit w/ t-case drop? Does that sound okay?

Comment

you can probably get by without the transfercase drop with only a 3" lift on an XJ

a wrangler would need it as it has shorter wheelbase.

I installed mine as it was cheap insurance, but does leave transfercase low on trail. So a transfercase skid wouldn't hurt.

I will be shucking me transfercase drop soon, if ya want it let me know.
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
                X