2014 Jeep Jamboree USA Events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Jeep Jamboree USA Events

The JJUSA group just announced their 2014 schedule of events for the year. My family/I attended the 21st Drummond Island event this past summer and absolutely loved it. I am wondering if there are any members that would want to attend one of these and put together a group to go. It would be fun to have others that we knew there.

http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/2014-schedule-now-available/

John -

We would be interested. A couple places on that list look to be a great time and new experience. All about timing.
    -Mike B-
    '01 XJ Sport
    '11KK Limited

Comment

I have gotten a few people that responsed via posts on Facebook and here is a summary so far...

(3 people) 25th Ouachita - Hot Springs, Arkansas
      (1 people) 10th Tennessee Mountains - Oak Ridge, Tennessee
      (2 people) 17th Land Between the Lakes - Marshall County, Kentucky
      (5 people) 7th Top of the Ozarks - Seymour, Missouri
      (3 people) 1st Ozark Adventure - Ozark, Arkansas

Comment

I believe I could go to Seymore. I want to do the Rubicon one , but my work schedule doesn't line up.

Wally

Comment

I am wanting to do the Rubi is well but I have a year or two before my Jeep is ready for that...

Comment

I'd love to do the Ouray trip..........but after looking over the registration costs I'm not sure I'd bother with any of them.

$500 bucks for my family to run SMORR or Superlift? No thanks.

We'd be better off getting a head count on folks that want to make a trip somewhere and do that.

Keystone resort is dirt cheap during the summer and the trails out there coming out of Montezuma are amazing!
            Last edited by JeepN4kc; 11-06-2013, 01:23 PM.
            -Mike B-
            '01 XJ Sport
            '11KK Limited

Comment

The way I justify it is like this, its about $50/person for an amusement park (Six Flags St. Louis example) so say a family of 4 costs $400 for 2 days admission and food/other expenses in the park $100 so you are pretty close to being even.

Comment

I might be able to splurge on this . What is price ? and does include camping fees , etc. ?
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                  I might be able to splurge on this . What is price ? and does include camping fees , etc. ?
                  Short answer - the price varies and no.

Long answer:

There are two types of Jeep Jamborees. First up is the Classic which includes meals. Second up is the Select which includes dinner only so you have to take care of breakfast and you're brown baggin' it for lunch. Regardless you still have to pay for lodging/camping and fuel.

The cost for the events vary based on the type of event you pick to go to. Ouachita is/was a Select event and the cost for our family was $710. Age 13 and over are/were $205@ and under 13 are/were $95@. Classic events cost more, I'm thinking it was $10 per person, but I don't remember. My primary complaint is that 13 is too young to be charging the same price as someone who is able to drive at the event.

You can view the old brochure which can give you more detail here (no pricing info however)-->http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/2013-brochure/

I can understand why some people feel that an event like this might not be worth it based on cost. At the same time, for us it was a great adventure for first time Jeep owners new to the off roading world. It's also a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends, which we did. You also have the opportunity to win some really nice prizes (free Jeep Jamboree for example, new set of tires, etc.) Just to be clear...no we didn't win a darn thing. :brokenheart:

With that said, we are strongly thinking about going back to Superlift (Ouachita) in 2014 because it will be their 25th Anniversary. Thoughts are that might raise the bar over a typical annual event. :D

Registration opens December 1st for 2014 events so current pricing will be available then.
                  Last edited by Umbra Vipera; 11-08-2013, 01:55 PM. Reason: ...added blurb about pricing at end.
                  Heath
                  2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
                  2014 JKU Rubicon X Package - Deceased - Thank you for your sacrifice in protecting my family.

Comment

There's usually a pop-up group from Kansas City who goes to Superlift every year over Memorial Day weekend. I can't justify the extra cost for the Jamboree sticker at any of these places, but that's mainly because I'm comfortable wheeling there with just a group of friends, or whomever I can meet up with when I get to the trails.

A "regular" 3-day weekend at SMORR costs right at $300 for fuel, camping, and meals for me + 1 passenger, vs $500 for the jamoboree + probably $200 more for the fuel and misc meal expenses. Most of my $300 is fuel.

Comment

Well as a single wheeler I would of thought cost would be less than 700 bucks ! Its not like I asked for a friggen discount for being a disabled veteran or two time cancer survivor ! I just asked what it would cost ! If I knew it was that difficult to answer, I wouldnt of friggen Asked !
                      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                        Well as a single wheeler I would of thought cost would be less than 700 bucks ! Its not like I asked for a friggen discount for being a disabled veteran or two time cancer survivor ! I just asked what it would cost ! If I knew it was that difficult to answer, I wouldnt of friggen Asked !
                        In our case it was 4 people total (three adults* and one child) hence the $710 price tag. For a single wheeler it would have been $205.

*Adult being anyone over the age of 13.
                        Last edited by Umbra Vipera; 11-08-2013, 07:57 PM.
                        Heath
                        2014 JKU Rubicon X Package - Deceased - Thank you for your sacrifice in protecting my family.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          There's usually a pop-up group from Kansas City who goes to Superlift every year over Memorial Day weekend. I can't justify the extra cost for the Jamboree sticker at any of these places, but that's mainly because I'm comfortable wheeling there with just a group of friends, or whomever I can meet up with when I get to the trails.

A "regular" 3-day weekend at SMORR costs right at $300 for fuel, camping, and meals for me + 1 passenger, vs $500 for the jamoboree + probably $200 more for the fuel and misc meal expenses. Most of my $300 is fuel.
                          ^^^This.............

Which is why I said:

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
                          I'd love to do the Ouray trip..........but after looking over the registration costs I'm not sure I'd bother with any of them.

$500 bucks for my family to run SMORR or Superlift? No thanks.

We'd be better off getting a head count on folks that want to make a trip somewhere and do that.

Keystone resort is dirt cheap during the summer and the trails out there coming out of Montezuma are amazing!
                          I understand the "first time out" thing and building friendships. There are quite a few folks in the club with A LOT of knowledge and driving skills which translates to great spotters. I agree with Rich, though, it's hard for me to justify the Jamboree fees when it doesn't include the "where/how to stay" or the fuel cost - and the fuel costs are almost always going to be (or should be in my book) the biggest hit to the wallet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the Jamborees. They genuinely look like a good time. It's just that after browsing their website, I think there are more economical ways to make a wheelin trip.
                          -Mike B-
                          '01 XJ Sport
                          '11KK Limited

Comment

There's no doubt that the cost is high for what you get. We're looking forward to being able to go to some of the "local" spots with you guys. Local being a subjective term since everywhere is darn near a 4 hour drive for us. :)
                            Heath

Comment

Originally posted by Umbra Vipera View Post
                              There's no doubt that the cost is high for what you get. We're looking forward to being able to go to some of the "local" spots with you guys. Local being a subjective term since everywhere is darn near a 4 hour drive for us. :)
                              As a club we've made multiple trips to Hot Springs (AR), Clayton (OK), Disney (OK), and as far away as Colorado and Moab (UT). I've been to Moab twice with members of the KCJC, and had a blast both times.

Comment

Working...
                              X