SMORR HowiePalooza XI?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMORR HowiePalooza XI?

Anybody planning on going down for this? I'm thinking of trying to make it work to go to this for a couple days. How is the place - I've heard great things. I can get around pretty well on the trails but I'm definately still learning both my abilities and my rig's limitations so is it a place for all? Some of the vids I've seen look pretty gnarly.
    -Mike B-
    '01 XJ Sport
    '11KK Limited

I'm going down, and I know a bunch of others are too. I don't know if they'll have guided trail runs for this event or not - my hunch is not as they haven't even had them for SMORR Froze Over the last couple years. The events there are more an excuse to print t-shirts and get more people out than a regular weekend. I'll be running some of the more gnarly trails. You're welcome to join our group but expect some body damage.... I took Travis through Cheese Grater last time he followed us, with his nice hard doors. :-)

Comment

I am planning on being there also, it should be a great time. This park has it all! Mild to wild. There should be plenty of people to meet up with that will be running some of the lighter trails. I know a few from my club are coming down and some of them prefer the medium trails so maybe you could join up with them.
      Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

I'm also planning to go. Taking Friday off and leaving in the am. Its about 4 hrs to get down there. I'll be camping out of the back of the truck. I'll be coming back midday Sunday. I've been there 10 + times. Great place.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I would like to join everyone, but that weekend I will be trying to snag a spoonbill. Make sure you take pics!!

:)

John
          1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post
            I would like to join everyone, but that weekend I will be trying to snag a spoonbill. Make sure you take pics!!

:)

John
            I will def take lots of pics. BTW - you have to do the same if/when you snag a giant.
            -Mike B-
            '01 XJ Sport
            '11KK Limited

Comment

I'm going to try and make this run. The jeep is ready to go. Now I just got to get the old body ready. Surgery went well and I should be good to go by then.
              Jim Banner
              A couple of old YJ's with lots of junk and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
                I will def take lots of pics. BTW - you have to do the same if/when you snag a giant.
                Deal....last year I caught a 62 pounder, so I am hoping for the same this year :)

John
                1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Looks like I am going to try and make it down for Saturday and camp,wheel and etc.

Comment

I'm going to try and make this event with my new set up..

Comment

I am still catching up on bills and such!
                      A year and a half unemployed has that affect!
                      Thank you Obama!
                      anyways, I am near the end of catching up to me ole life ( pre obama) so should be wheeling SOON!
                      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Will leave Friday after work and camp that evening,wheel all day Saturday and come home Sunday.

Comment

For those who haven't hears there is a new ranch policy enforced as of April 1st.No night wheeling between midnight and seven AM.Gates to trails will be locked at 12;10 AM no exceptions.

Comment

Loaded up and will be there Friday night.A half cab is nice til you load your Jeep to go camping a couple nights.Going to be a little cramped..

Comment

^^^We'll see you there! Leaving in the morning around 09:30 ahead of another Jeeper meeting up w/ us. It's funny how much stuff it takes to "rough it." lol
                              -Mike B-
                              '01 XJ Sport
                              '11KK Limited

Comment

Working...
                              X