New (and 1st) Jeep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (and 1st) Jeep

After wanting one for years and looking seriously for the past 6 months I finally made my move. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with ~120k miles. It's basically stock and appears to have been well cared for by the previous two owners. Planning on a small lift and different wheels and tires at some point. Looking forward to leveraging the expertise of this group as I look to make upgrades. I bought it from an individual in Denver and one of the pix below is my new toy and the boys at 7:00AM Friday just after being unloaded from the transporter.

Justin
    Last edited by ROKN KC; 03-03-2016, 03:28 PM. Reason: Link corrections in post

Very nice Justin it looks brand new. Congrats and hope to see you out on the trails.
    Nathan

Comment

Very nice! Congrats.
      2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude Edition
      1976 CJ-7

Comment

Nice looking TJ :)

Always nice to have more TJs in the CLUB!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Nice Jeep........needs more bumps, bruises, and dirt........;-)
            -Mike B-
            '01 XJ Sport
            '11KK Limited

Comment

Before you tow anything, double check how the bumper is bolted to the rear crossmember. Hate to see you pull something with the bumper's receiver and it only had 2 bolts on both sides.
              The bumper should be bolts to the rear crossmember with 4 bolts both side minimal. However, that's probably only worth 1000#s pull rating. If you need to pull more weight, there are 90* brackets that can be bolted to the outside the frame and rear crossmember for a TJ. And there is a threaded nut inside the frame on the bottom of the frame. That usually gets used with a hitch rear bumper on a TJ.

Congrads, though.
              Mike
              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Thanks for the tip @jagular7!

Comment

Working...
                X