Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping a Jeep?

Hey guys,

I just bought a Jeep JKUR out near Kalamazoo, MI. I'm contemplating taking the train out there and driving it back, but also exploring shipping options. Anyone have any recommendations or advice for me? I've never shipped a car before.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DaveW; 01-11-2016, 02:47 PM.

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
    Hey guys,

I just bought a Jeep JKUR out near Kalamazoo, MI. I'm contemplating taking the train out there and driving it back, but also exploring shipping options. Anyone have any recommendations or advice for me? I've never shipped a car before.
    Congrats on the Jeep! -- No idea on cost to ship -- Maybe call Mike @ 4x4land 785-862-8008 for his opinion.

Comment

If you check online they have companies that ship by truck. They take their money and when your vehicle arrives you pay the trucker. If you could find someone to cut out the middle man it would be very reasonable.
      My experience with having a vehicle shipped was really good.
      Suggest you go online and get some quotes.
      My two cents.

Comment

Thanks, Guys! I had already started down the quote route. Most of the people I talked to were very high-pressure and liked to tell me why their company is the only ethical one and why the others all suck. I also saw a 300$ spread between high and low prices. I went to uShip next, and put an offer out there for someone with spare room in their carrier to potentially accept. If I don't get an acceptance (or reasonable counter) in the next few days, I will most likely do the train + drive back route.

Comment

Working...
        X