Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back

Hey guys!
    I has a member 3-4 years ago, and went on a few trail runs in my 2003 Rubicon with the group, and even took it to Colorado and Moab. I sold the Jeep, and bought a little fast car, but now I am getting the Jeeping itch again. Within the next few months I'll be selling my other car and getting another Rubi, but this time a JKUR! So, I will be on the lookout for a low mileage JKUR - preferably something with a winch and bumpers already, to tie me over until I make the other mods.

Just wanted to say HI! to everyone, and I should be coming to a meeting or so after February (and pay my dues again)

Welcome back to the club Dave :)

Good luck on the jeep search!

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Yeah - little fast cars, my cousin took me on a ride in a Viper couple Thanksgivings back. It was.........impressive..........but scary to be honest.

Much rather be off camber in a Jeep on a mountain than hitting triple digits in a residential........;-)

Welcome back, Dave, and look forward to meeting you!
        -Mike B-
        '01 XJ Sport
        '11KK Limited

Comment

Well, I picked up a 2011 Rubi today. I was really looking for something newer, but this was just a great deal! I can always motor swap later... Anyone have a good, cheap source for synthetic winch line?

Comment

I'm a bit late to this party but you might check out ors4x4.com. I haven't priced any in a long time, but I know they give you a lot of options to get exactly what you want. A couple of years ago I bought some and I think it was from here. I'll double check that fact when I get home later tonight.
            Last edited by Umbra Vipera; 01-13-2016, 09:19 AM. Reason: grammer
            Heath
            2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
            2014 JKU Rubicon X Package - Deceased - Thank you for your sacrifice in protecting my family.

Comment

Thank you! I will check it out.
              For the smart people in the forum, I have an M8000 winch on the jeep, which is sold with the option to get synthetic (M8000-S)... That being the case, converting it should be no big deal, and I shouldn't have heat issues and other things to worry about, since it should already be within the spec for synthetic use?

Originally posted by Umbra Vipera View Post
              I'm a bit late to this party but you might check out ors4x4.com. I haven't priced any in a long time, but I know they give you a lot of options to get exactly what you want. A couple of years ago I bought some and I think it was from here. I'll double check that fact when I get home later tonight.

Comment

Club sponsor 4x4Land can help you out as well as Custom Splice (Lawrence).
                Mike
                Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Glad to have you back here in the forums...

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                    Club sponsor 4x4Land can help you out as well as Custom Splice (Lawrence).
                    That's good info right there. I had never heard of Custom Splice. I'll have to add them to my favorites list.
                    Heath
                    2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
                    2014 JKU Rubicon X Package - Deceased - Thank you for your sacrifice in protecting my family.

Comment

Working...
                    X