New member from Shawnee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Shawnee

Hello, I'm a new owner of a 99 Cherokee and a new member here. I'm going to start a 3" lift, with 31" tires. It's a part time driver that's going to see some part time 4 wheeling.
    Hope to meet you soon.
    Scott

welcome to the club
    Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Hopefully you can get your new toy out on the trails with us....we need more XJ's. LOL

:)

John
      1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post
        Welcome to the site. Hopefully you can get your new toy out on the trails with us....we need more XJ's. LOL

:)

John
        Indeed!...........and welcome to the site KC Scott.
        -Mike B-
        '01 XJ Sport
        '11KK Limited

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Hey thanks, I will see you on the trails for sure. I have a buddy that got into 4 wheeling a few years ago with a 93 XJ and I've been wanting one ever since.
            Mine is moving right along. I've only had it a few weeks and tonight I got the 3" lift done in the real and tomorrow night I should get the front done. Looks so much better, but sucks I have to wait a while before I can afford tires.

Comment

As posted on another topic, to wheel with the club, there are specific requirements of your vehicle. These are for assisting in a recovery situation and being safe when wheeling. To help you understand your options, you can look at other forums specific to the model of your Jeep. For the XJ, the main one is NAXJA.org, north America AJ owners. Then there is jeepforum, jeepsunlimited, and many more on jeeps with a section for the XJ.
              This forum is the club's forum. There are many online and active members that have XJs that can suggest and/or help you review proper mods that would support your wheeling activity. Many accessories are just that, an accessory and wouldn't support anything other than making your XJ 'mall crawler'. So spending your money properly can make you have a safe driving XJ as well as one you can take and wheel.
              Mike
              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I know it sounds preachy BUT! The club rules are also good general rules for safe 4x4ing!

Its not uncommon to get stuck on a rock, in the mud, tree parts, or get oneself in a position to do serious damage to the body of their vehicle (bash in a rear window, tail light, take a fender or rocker panel out)

Having appropriate (safe, rated for their vehicle) tow points prevents damage to people, the vehicle and other people's vehicles. Don't skimp on the recovery points!

Should have a decent recovery point front and rear!

Should also seriously considering buying your own recovery gear i.e. a nylon snatch strap rated for at least 15-20,000lbs as well as at least one 3/4 or 1" D ring shackle. The reason the snatch strap needs to have that rating is that momentum is sometimes used to tug a vehicle out. Its possible to produce 3-4 times the mass of the vehicle in pounds of energy! Don't need to invest and arm and a leg either, Tractor Supply, HF, among other places have affordable recovery equipment.

Wally

Comment

Welcome to the club Scott, pay no mind to Jagular7.

He jumped me for front tow hooks when I first joined the club. Tow Hooks? Why would I need those, I don't get stuck! 8).

And then I realized, when you wheel with MIKE, you need to have tow hooks to pull HIM out! :o

Anyway, I am more then happy to take a quick look at your jeep and make sure your ready to go wheeling. I like to go out more often then most here and would encourage you to attend one of our official club meetings.

As a club member you have full access to the forums, get jeep club swag, and get to meet us in PERSON! In addition to an invite to our annual Club Picnic, where the attendance and raffle prizes are great! (there are pics on here somewhere)

The annual membership dues are only $30.

Next Club Meeting:
                  KC Jeep Club Monthly Meeting
                  March 2, 2014 @ 3 PM

9901 Holmes Rd, Kansas City, MO 64131

Next Club Event:
                  Frostbite @ Kansas Rocks
                  February 22, 2014
                  Last edited by RoKn; 01-10-2014, 08:43 AM. Reason: jokes

Comment

Originally posted by RoKn View Post
                    Welcome to the club Scott, pay no mind to Jagular7.

He jumped me for front tow hooks when I first joined the club. Tow Hooks? Why would I need those, I don't get stuck! 8).

And then I realized, when you wheel with MIKE, you need to have tow hooks to pull HIM out! :o

Anyway, I am more then happy to take a quick look at your jeep and make sure your ready to go wheeling. I like to go out more often then most here and would encourage you to attend one of our official club meetings.

As a club member you have full access to the forums, get jeep club swag, and get to meet us in PERSON! In addition to an invite to our annual Club Picnic, where the attendance and raffle prizes are great! (there are pics on here somewhere)

The annual membership dues are only $30.

Next Club Meeting:
                    KC Jeep Club Monthly Meeting
                    March 2, 2014 @ 3 PM

9901 Holmes Rd, Kansas City, MO 64131

Next Club Event:
                    Frostbite @ Kansas Rocks
                    February 22, 2014
                    Sounds good, I'd love to get you input on what I need to stay safe and "unstuck" on the trails.

Comment

Working...
                    X