Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **rokmen**

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I have several Rokmen products on my Jeep and am happy with every one. My wife ordered me a skid plate from them and paid for it on December 8th. It still hasn't shipped. We have tried emailing (for weeks) and calling with no replies. Phone calls will no longer go through and now I am having problems with their web page. Had no problems getting them our money, now haven't heard back in a month. I'm not sure if they're going under or it's just really poor service. Just wanted to pass it along in case they are going out of business so no one else loses money.

Customer service compared to MetalCloak is night and day.

Bud

If she used a cc, call them up and see if they can stop payment to their bank. THen give Mike S a call at 4x4land and see if he can locate one for you.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

What number you calling? I've got (303) 907-6303. Know anyone in Denver that can stop by the shop and see what's up? I can PM you the address if you like... :)

Comment

Thanks guys. Hopefully it's just something they overlooked and they'll get back with me soon. That's the same number I have been using, 6303. Used debit, I'll call and see if I can get that done. I can't think of anyone out they way at the moment but that's a good idea.

Thanks again

Comment

I know folks in Breck and Ft Collins, but no Jeepers in Denver proper. Post up on Rubicon Owners Forum and see if anyone else is having trouble, or knows what's going on. Maybe they had a death in the family or something and are just swamped with calls. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt; they seemed like standup guys when I was out there at their shop a few years ago.

Comment

Quick update: I have left additional messages and sent more emails with no reply or answer. I guess I'll see if the BBB out that way has any way to contact them. Don't buy from Rokmen.

Comment

Bud-
              Try their facebook page. I just checked out their facebook page and others were complaining about website issues. So I don't think it was just you. Facebook is public and others will see it so hopefully that will get them to respond. They have a good reputation in the off road world so I hope there is a simple mix up instead of something worse. It looks like other people have said thank you for the fast shipping on other products which doesn't completely add up.

This is Jeff's pirate page. You might try sending him a message there.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/membe...%40rokmen.html

This is Jeff's email address.

jeff@rokmen.com

Please keep us updated. I recommend Rokmen to quite a bit of people and I would hate to send anyone else their way if they are experiencing problems.
              Hi

Comment

Will do. I'll try Pirate and FB. I've been emailing Jeff over the past several weeks, calling, and using the online contact option. I'll update if anything changes.

Comment

I finally heard back from Rokmen this week. I'm glad that they didn't go out of business or anything. Still not impressed that it took a month, 4 emails and two phone calls to get a response. He said their laser cutter has had some issues. I let him know that I totally understand, life happens. But I also understand that it's simple to shoot an email or return a call. Oh well, glad to get it resolved.

Comment

It is good that they gave you an answer. You will be happy with their products. It can be difficult to return emails and phone calls if the head dude is in the shop most of the time. Be sure to post a review of their skid plate when you get it.
                    Hi

Comment

I haven't had any encounters with Rokmen's support staff but the Hi-Line fenders that I installed on my TJ are bad ***! I've already tested them against a few trees and they are stout.

Comment

I've run their control arms for several years with ZERO issues. Pure beef.

Comment

Always a SMART idea to check BBB before using any SHOP.

Always a GREAT idea to check with BBB before spending any amount of your hard earned cash at a business or shop, including those recommended by your friends. Often the little guy gets trampled on and if you dont stand up for yourself the next unfortunate soul with little resources to defend themselves could fall victim.

Hope it works out better for the next guy.

Comment

Quick update... Over 5 months since payment cleared. No skid, no refund. Sent another email last night. For the record, I'm not questioning the quality of their products. I have Rokmen gas tank skid, full-corners, rockers, pretty much all of my armour except my fenders (cloaks). But this is a joke 5 months, 2 conversations, and 5 emails. This must be a really impressive steering box skid, or maybe it's the powder-coat process? : ) I'm just going to call today and try to get a refund. Have a good one!

Comment

In all fairness to Rokmen, I should post an update. During the last week in July I received the skid plate that was purchased as a Christmas present in December. I figured that after a ridiculous amount of emails, phone calls, and 8 months later, they might happen to throw in a t-shirt, coupon for the next purchase, or a note to say what happened. Nope. And that's my last package to be received from Rokmen. (After previously buying: Full Corners, Steering Box Skid, Gas Tank Skid, and Rockers...)
                              Have a great day! (End of rant)

Comment

Working...
                              X