Glen Richardson's Utah Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Richardson's Utah Update

Those of you who are new to the KC Jeep Club will not know me, but for those who have been around a while I thought I would post this update.

I retired in March of 2012 and at that time my wife Irma and I relocated to Moab, UT. We arrived in Moab on March 18 and I immediately began work on our new house. The foundation had been completed before we arrived. I personally did the rough carpentry, roofing, painting, flooring, and trim carpentry. Subcontractors did the stucco, plumbing, eletrical, HVAC, cabinetry, and countertops.

We moved in on November 28.

I'm attaching a few photos of the finished product.

The other big news is that after being without an off-road jeep for two years I am now the proud owner of a YJ project. Rather than start with a stocker and build it up I opted to buy one that was already built, but that needed repairs or modifcations that I could do myself.

Here's a picture of the project as it sits today.

The spec's as it sits are:

94 YJ
    D60 front w/ Detroit
    14 bolt w/ Detroit
    350 Chevy TBI
    TH 350
    Atlas T-Case
    42" IROK's
    101" wheelbase

It is too tall, too green, and the wheelbase is too short. (and the headlight need to put back to square as they should be)

As I get it upgraded I'll post new photos. For now it is a good project to work on and I have a good garage space where I can do the work.

Oh by the way it does get cold and snowy in Moab.

Whenever any of you make it to Moab be sure to look me up and we'll do some wheeling.
    Last edited by glenrichardson; 01-04-2013, 09:30 AM.

Woohoo....thanks for the update and invite Glenn. Sure glad you had settled and finished your new lovely home. Looks fantastic. Enjoy the locale!
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Looks good sir!!

Comment

Fantastic work!!!! Enjoy retirement!

I knew the round lights in that grille wouldn't last long!

Comment

Great looking hacienda !

As for yj , 101" wb is too Short ? :)
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

House looks great Glen! I would love to get back out to Moab and wheel with you! Good luck with the Jeep build.
            Last edited by rockymountain; 01-04-2013, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Love the kitchen and the jeep.How many spare bedrooms? Lol

Comment

Nice.. very nice.
                House is beautiful too!!

Glad to see you back at the Jeep thing! Enjoy retirement!

Dan

Comment

Looks Awesome Glen. Based on how nice your last YJ was, I can't wait to see the changes made to this one.

John
                  1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Awesome, both the house and Jeep! I hope you're enjoying your retirement, what a great place to do it.

Jim

Comment

ditto and ditto... great looking place and jeep... can't wait to visit! I was going to say something about those dang headlights but you beat me to it.... pics looks like a reasonable graft job on the lights but they look out of place!

Great to hear from you again..

Comment

The house is beautiful Glen. You all picked a perfect place. That sure is a whole lot of green. Look forward to seeing what you do to it.

Comment

Now that Glen has wheels again, we can start planning the next MOAB trip. It's been too long for me (2009). :-)

Comment

Good to hear your doing well Glen. Enjoy the trails!

Comment

Great pics Glen!! Glad you are doing well and back in a Jeep!!

Comment

Working...
                              X