No announcement yet.

Any certain CB Channel Jeepers run on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any certain CB Channel Jeepers run on?

Do the Jeep folks generally monitor any certain channel in general when just out and about in town? I see a lot of folks with radios besides mine but I also keep mine off most the time when just out and about but if there was a certain channel we use, I would be more inclined to leave it on there all the time.

Channel 4 is what we usually run but nothing set in stone.

Comment

How about a shop in the metro to "tune" the CB & antenna once installed?

KK

Originally posted by treedawg View Post
      Channel 4 is what we usually run but nothing set in stone.

Comment

Originally posted by KSU_CJ8 View Post

KK
        If you get an antenna with a tuneable tip all you need is a short (usually 3') jumper coax and an SWR meter. It's pretty easy to do yourself.
        -Mike B-
        '01 XJ Sport
        '11KK Limited

Comment

Channel 4 , 6, 8 , etc. It depends on what your group sellects :)

Personnally I would pick a channel at least three away from any others !

Helps to prevent Bleed Thru ! ;)
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by KSU_CJ8 View Post

KK
            I have an swr meter to set em, its been years since I have messed with it. I need to throw it on mine and see but if you have an adjustable anteanna and are ever gonna be out towards Indep, you are welcome to stop by and we can see what ya got.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddmac View Post
              I have an swr meter to set em, its been years since I have messed with it. I need to throw it on mine and see but if you have an adjustable anteanna and are ever gonna be out towards Indep, you are welcome to stop by and we can see what ya got.
              I forgot to mention, as far as a shop, now days I don't know other than perhaps one of the truck stops. I know in Oakgrove there is a big I70 stop and I bet they do radio work. All I can do with the SWR meter is help you get the anteanna length to an optimum setting.

Comment

Working...
              X