Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update from Glen

Dear Friends and Family

Some of you know the details of our move to Utah, but for those who don't I'll sort of begin at the beginning.

I retired from Strickland Construction on Friday March 16. We finished packing the U-haul truck and headed West on Saturday the 17th. On Sunday morning the 18th we left Kansas and later that day arrived in Utah.

Following a day of unloading at our rental house here in Moab on Monday the 19th, we began work at the site of our new house at Bridger Jack Mesa. Before our arrival the initial sitework and foundation for the house had been done. I'm acting as the general contractor and am framing the shell of the house myself.

Since arriving I've set support posts in the crawl space, poured 20 c.y. of concrete as a rough slab in the bottom of the crawlspace, backfilled the foundation, excavated and poured the garage footings, and framed the floor of the house including 2/3 of the flooring as of the end of the day Friday. There are two photos of the Carpentry Assistant (everyone needs a title); one attempting to use the nail gun, and the second cutting some blocking with the chop saw.

We're enjoying ourselves and I'm ten pounds lighter than I was. The goal is to be moved into the new house by Christmas.

I failed to get a photo of him, but our closest neighbor to our rental house is a buffalo across the road. I'll send his picture next time around.

As soon as the walls are up on the house I'll send another update.

Glen

tn_019.JPGtn_1.JPGtn_3.JPGtn_045.jpgtn_150.jpg

I noticed a porta-potty in the first pictures. I wonder if it has a chandelier in it....

Comment

Looks great Glenn. Congrads on the relo and startup. Think you retired from construction industry? Ha.
      Mike
      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I have to agree with Mike,what retirement?????

Comment

We all know about Wrench-a-thons, but raising a roof a thon as it's gets close to Christmas. Love the pics and enjoy your relaxing uneventful retirement. Uneventful is def not in yur vocab. Be safe and have fun!!!

Comment

Looks like it is going to be a lil slice of heaven on earth out there Glen!!

Comment

Working...
            X