Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does every lifted ZJ on craigslist looks like the rear axle is pushed forward 4"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does every lifted ZJ on craigslist looks like the rear axle is pushed forward 4"?

I mean does anyone else see this? Do people with ZJs not believe in adjustable rear control arms? I just don;t get this trend. I mean I realize that when the tire pushes upward that the tire will also move back toward the rear of the vehicle, but REALLY, it just looks nasty and like a chop job to me. I just don't get why people do this

4 link suspendsion :)
    Front will look like axle moved too but in opposite direction! ;)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

It's how they are even with adjustable control arms you can only go so far. Most people that seriously wheel them stretch them a bit

Comment

If you center the tire in the wheel well at ride height on short arms it will tear into the rear sheet metal/bumper when the axle flexes. unless they have longarms most of these people have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleZJ View Post
          If you center the tire in the wheel well at ride height on short arms it will tear into the rear sheet metal/bumper when the axle flexes. unless they have longarms most of these people have no choice.
          now that I think about it that does make sense

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
            4 link suspendsion :)
            Front will look like axle moved too but in opposite direction! ;)
            My XJ never looked like that in the front :p

Comment

Working...
            X