Hello!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello all! As you can tell by my sign in I used to have an XJ ans was a member in 05'-06' or so. Its been a few years since being in the Jeep scene but my wife surprised me with a great Christmas present, she bought me a 61' Cj5!! Its definitely a project but its going to fun! Obviously a Cj is a different animal than an Xj so I will be combing the forums to get familiar and find some parts. :2thumbsup:

Nice! Your wife is definitely a keeper. I can barely get my wife to ride in mine.
    2006 LJ Rubicon

Comment

Idk if mine will ride in mine or not but she bought it. Come to think of it, maybe she bought it so I'd leave her alone! lol

Comment

What transfercase ?
        Cause in pic it looks a wee bit light !
        Or does it have a belly lift ?
        Any ways, Great gift !
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Sweet...

Comment

T90/D18 combo. The tranny is shot at the moment so they sitting on the bench & not currently residing in the normal location. Thanks!

Comment

Several ways to look at this

- she wants you out of the house
              - she wants to keep you busy
              - she'll want something better in return
              - she's going to hold title and keep you at bay and on leash

Do I see suicide doors!
              V6 or the 4?
              3-sp w/D18 offset tcase?
              D44 full floater rear axle?

Welcome.
              Mike
              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

It has a Buick V6 turbo in it from a T-type Regal. My assumption is that someone got a little throttle happy and the old T90 didn't respond well. I've done a little research on the top, it is a "Tank Top". I have only been able to find a few posts on them so i am thinking they are somewhat rare. Information on what company made it is proving to be impossible to find. It does have suicide doors! Which I think makes it cool enough to do whatever I can to restore it. I haven't looked but I think the axle is the older 2 piece axle D44. It does have a custom full cage under the top.

Comment

Well, best to sell off the V6-T as its designed for a 5k mid-size vehicle with an auto. Not really an engine for a 4wd light weight small whlbs CJ5! Put in its place the more realiable 4.3/auto with adapters for the D18. Do research for an adaptable driveline to that D18.

Or look at swapping that out as well for a more durable and plentiful tcase. Then look for a centered rear axle to match it (assuming a D300 or D20).
                  Mike
                  Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

^ Don't listen to this guy! Keep the GN motor and work around it. Forced induction is where it's at. All the cool kids are doing it!

Welcome back, and congrats on the über-cool gift and wife!

Comment

^ Don't listen to this guy. He's been through couple high-powered Jeeps in the last several years. He keeps breaking them.....
                      Mike
                      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I see nothing wrong with a boosted motor especially seeing as there are tons of parts for the T type and grand national motors!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes back! I haven't thought to hard yet about what direction I am going to go. My first thought was a big honkin Chevy V8, then I talked myself away form it because its such a tiny little light Jeep. Then I thought about going back to stock or a maybe a Cj 6 banger, then I thought 4.3, then back to the turbo motor.... All in all it is confusing that there are so many options!

Comment

KISS that you can keep around running to/from work, sunny drives, deep snow drives, wheeling weekends, etc.

With all that anxiety, that's the wife's idea for a present!!!! LOL
                            Mike
                            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

The main question that comes to my mind is in regards to the engine is drivability. Can the engine tolerate extreme/ steep angles and does it over heat at crawling or highway speeds? If the answer to those questions is unquestionable reliability as it is, I wouldn't change anything.

Wally

Comment

Working...
                              X