New member / KS resident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member / KS resident

Hello all. I just moved to Overland Park via Southern California a few months ago and ran into somebody who told me about this site. Seems great and the family and I can wait to join after the holiday's and meet some nice people.

By the way, if anybody is bored new years eve I will pulling the dash in my 04 GC Overland to change the heater core, evap and repair the blend doors. It should be a really good time!

Welcome..

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Why in the world anyone would move here from So. Cal. this time of year is beyond me We have an event here called Frostbite!

Anyway, welcome to the site and enjoy the weather!

Comment

Welcome to the site :)

John
          1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Welcome to the club's site.

The club changes officers and organizes itself in December through Jan. There will be an announcement of the club's planned activities (if it hasn't been posted yet under club activities) for the year so you can plan your trips and family activities.

For January, many members participate with a social activity where a Lees Summit policeman participate with a polar bear dunk. He raises money to do so. Freezin' for a Reason is the event. Look for it on FB as well as the club site. Its on Jan 13 IIRC.
            Another event that was mentioned was the Frostbite event. A local 4wd ORV is located some 80 miles south of OP. Its called Kansas Rock Recreational Park (KanRocks). Its been open for 10yrs+ now. Its only open on weekends and is controlled by a volunteer group. If you are interested in supporting the park, you can talk to the group about joining them. The park is closed in February. It reopens on the last Saturday with the Frostbite event. If you preregister, you can get t-shirts and meals. There are usually a large variety of door prizes as well.

Meetings use to be once a month but now are held every other month.
            Mike
            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Welcome to the club

Comment

Welcome
                And I have lived in San Diago (true southern cali) and was just talking to son (Us Navy Vet ) who lives there now !
                Welcome
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to exploring Kansas. As for the weather? Yeah, we moved from the Mojave desert so we think 50* is freezing cold. That's why I'm fixing the heater core. lol. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comment

Welcome

Tried flushing the heater core hoses? I did that and changed my thermostat this past weekend and have 100% more heat than what I did.

Comment

Working...
                    X