This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it???

How come in my opinion I rarely see Mike from 4X4 land logos on this site. I know they pop up on occasion, but at the very bottom and rarely. Each and every Club Member should go out of your way to promote his business and at the very least make his company stand out well beyound others with his advertising logos and make it predominate on this site.

He is the only vendor that goes out of his way to provide his time, real discounts, product knowledge, event participation, use of his RTI ramp, and a lot of donated products to give away at events.

I'm sure Mike wouldn't want me to post this, but the KC Jeep Club should make it really known how much it appreciates his corporate sponsorship and all he does and not just at a club picnic, but All Year long. Sure we can all search for cheaper products online, but give him the opportunity to earn your business too. Also put his logo on the top of the website!!!

Alan

I see them all the time, here.

Now, I can't says I have done a statistical analysis or probability on the incidence but I see them.

There are several threads where members push people towards 4x4Land if they need things fixed.

4x4Land has done me right. I brought my Jeep in, to have the leaf springs replaced. They took my NOT straightforward Jeep in stride (I wasn't aware of some of the modifications performed by the PO), had the right parts on hand anyways and had it back together in a very reasonable amount of time. Great communication as well.

They also have donated their time, resources, to help the off road community. I also get the sense that they try very hard to control costs, look for cost effective ways to work with people's budgets. They have a loyal customer here, and many others.

Wally

Comment

Glad you had a good experience there!! My post is not to call out members, but to point out that some sponsors get so little advertising visibility Here for all they do!!!

The point I make has more with the fact that Mike with 4X4 Lands logo is at the very bottom of the page with all sponsors. Some i haven't a clue who they are and the real value they bring, but For all he does for this club he should have a larger more prominent banner then other sponsors. I'm not saying those sponsors aren't of value, but he really sets the bar as a valued sponsor that others (webmaster/jeepclub board etc) should make better visibility of appreciation for all he does!!!

Just my 2 cents worth

Take care, promote those that truly add a value added service to this club if not

Comment

Alan

Thanks for your input.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

We have not had any complaints from the club sponsors or club members regarding this but if we do will keep what you said in mind. As Mike said thanks for the input.
          sigpic
          Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
          99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Comment

You may never hear them say anything except thanks and go away. Not everyone likes to be a squeaky wheel. Sometimes being proactive is a good thing!!!

Comment

While I have never used his services, I have talked to the man, and I can say this, the man knows his Jeeps. If I needed Jeep stuff done I would be more than happy to go to him,

Comment

I just wish all viewers of this post would agree and express the importance of better sponsorship logo placement especial for 4X4 Land as they give and do so much for this club The old website did a great job at that, but this format puts very little effort in promoting or any real advertising value for club sponsors. To me it should be reviewed as most businesses that I know rely on return on investment and lack there of is the issue at present.

Comment

Alan - while I do appreciate what you are saying, I also think it's not really your place to say much since you are neither a sponsor nor a member.

Mike has proven that he is quite smart and is obviously a good business man. I'm certain that if he had an issue with his level of representation on the forum he would bring it to the EC's attention on his own. Much like you did when you were a sponsor/member/whatever you once were.

Comment

Hey Tommy-
                    That's why I dropped being a Club Sponsor and Club Member. I'm sure you will do your best to ban me of my opinion to do a better job of promoting sponsors.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, Alan. I appreciate them and please, keep posting, member or not. I agree with them. I just wish Topeka wasn't a nearly a two hour drive from my place.
                      "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by alanc View Post
                        Hey Tommy-
                        That's why I dropped being a Club Sponsor and Club Member. I'm sure you will do your best to ban me of my opinion to do a better job of promoting sponsors.
                        Alan you make it sound like you quit because you did not like the way your product was being advertised on the site, which is not true. Not one time did you express being dissatisfied with how many times your logo came up on the banner. You wanted the Club to give you your sponsorship for free and when the Ec decided that it would not be fair to the other sponsors to make them pay for it and yet give it to you for free that is when you decided to quit.
                        As far as banning goes....... No one is planning on banning you but if you start reacting negatively to posts on here because people are not getting on here and agreeing with you and it is not going the way you want it to which is evident by what you said here
                        Originally posted by alanc View Post
                        I just wish all viewers of this post would agree and express the importance of better sponsorship logo placement
                        then you will probably get a pm from the forum moderators.
                        Like Tommy said as well as Mike and myself, thanks for the input. When it comes down to it though Alan your opinion is not going to be as important to us as the club members and our sponsors, which is only logical considering that they have paid for that right.
                        Last edited by Grumpy Dwarf; 12-03-2011, 03:26 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
                        99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Comment

Seriously Reed-
                          It's all about RETURN ON INVESTMENT for most businesses. That's the main reason for my departure as I await for the time that this club values sponsors and members differing viewpoints as they may and will conflict and that's ok!!!

This is not about me at all as I personally was thinking about 4X4 land when I needed a part quick. I could have ordered it online, but thought of Mike, but found it hard to find him on this (KCJeepclub) website and found his number via a search on Google. Mike really busted his butt to find me the part and then gave me options. He was very competive on pricing and accommodating on delivery.

My point is that he is a great guy that is supporting many full time employees as well as offering this club so many gifts, donations and use of his RTI ramp. He has expenses just like all of us and I just think he as a sponsor is worthy of me not having to search google for his number. I'm just one person that easily could have purchased elsewhere first, but

In theory I just wanted to support a local business and club sponsor first and if I didn't have to look elsewhere for his number this thread wouldn't be here!!!
                          Last edited by alanc; 12-03-2011, 04:42 PM. Reason: Changed his to this website

Comment

Alan. If you go to the home page and scroll down to corporate sponsors you can get all the information you need on all of our sponsors.

Comment

I will not dispute that you have scroll down on the home page to the Sponsor Section and it's right there in plain sight and a bit further down the Home page you'll find a logo of any sponsor, but all I'm saying it's very easy to overlook as I and most spend just a few seconds at best on that entry page before entering a desired topic.

It really is easy to overlook or miss it is all I'm saying and if you remember the old site it had sponsors on every topic page and that was wonderful. I understand that this software does not allow that so in my opinion it would be a great value to place all Sponsors logos at the top and not the bottom as a header with a hyperlink when applicable.

Comment

Working...
                              X