Libia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libia

was just watching the news....We hit their air defence sites with around 110 cruise missles.......while the admiral was doing news interview.....some reporters asked...were we flying air ops before ! ......DUH ! we will KNOCK out their anti-aircraft capability to the best we can before we send our jets over their airspace....isnt that common sence ? or did I miss something here ?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Why the **** are we getting involved in another god **** war?! ****ing stupidity.
    "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

because we are americans and this gadafi (or however ya spell it) needs to be removed from .......power but I was thinking life ! this JERK needs to GO !
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Because any leader who will attack his own people is not a leader at all. Regardless of whether he is removed, he needs to be stopped. Is it ideal? No. But we don't get to choose when other countries start acting up.

Comment

does mean you support or not ?
          I obviously support this action by the US and its Allis !
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I am concerned about where this is all going?

1. This will be our 3rd war front in Muslim countries

2. Japan is one of our biggest creditors for American debt, if they ask for their loan back so that they can rebuild, what is that going to do to this nation? Will we default on it?

I see a perfect storm on the horizen.

Wally

Comment

I agree with you Wally. Although I'm less concerned at this point about Libya because we haven't declared war. I highly doubt we will ever occupy Libya, nor will we have significant troops on the ground.

What troubles me more than Japan's US debt holdings, is their own debt. They have around 200% of their own GDP in debt, and a very aging population. The reproductive rate of young Japanese is unsustainable when it comes to providing for the senior citizens, or growing GDP sufficiently to pay down the debt. Now, with what is likely over $1 Trillion in damages to recover, which will be primarily funded by additional debt, the impact on the global market is going to be felt long-term. Significant worldwide inflation is coming, and it's really going to be crippling to many economies.

Comment

I support it to the fullest. Maybe I can get my job back :)

Comment

F-111 dropping bombs in his tent? I got that –– Berlin Disco

Granada? Cubans in a soveign country, OK, maybe.

Gulf War #1 –– Iraq crossed international borders and gobbled up Kiwait and invaded Saudi Arabia. That makes sense.

Kosovo? They were fighting about where the internal borders of Yugoslavia were going to be as it broke up. Didn't get that one.

Afganistan? I remember why we are there.

Iraq? failure to heed the international agreements from the end of Gulf War #1 –– yea, I get that too.

Libya today? Did we just take a side in a civil war/revolt? And supply them a first strike Tomahawk barage? Don't get that one.

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." - Sen. Obama

"In the end, no amount of American forces can solve the political differences that lie at the heart of somebody else’s civil war." - Barack Obama

"We’re not going to baby sit a civil war." - Barack Obama

"We should be more modest in our belief that we can impose democracy on a country through military force." - Barack Obama

Comment

I rather doubt any troops will be committed except perhaps in a UN peace keeping force (like Kosovo) and the biggest deal with Kosovo was preventing Ethnic cleansing ! They were MURDERING thousands upon thousands of those who were going to a different church and/or wanted a different government !

Libians want to change and are tired of this lunatic kadafi (or however they spell it today) subjecting them to is inept totalatrium rule !

We as a civilized nation are supporting a "NO FLY ZONE" to help the libians get what they want and need

and we are also protecting our ability to keep recieving their OIL when this is all done with and over ! ;-)

at least thats how i see it.....where am I being blind sighted ?
                    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Anybody check into who the "rebels" are or what they want?

I will give you a hint.

Google: Libyan Islamic Fighting Fighting Group.

Wally

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                        I rather doubt any troops will be committed except perhaps in a UN peace keeping force (like Kosovo) and the biggest deal with Kosovo was preventing Ethnic cleansing ! They were MURDERING thousands upon thousands of those who were going to a different church and/or wanted a different government !

Libians want to change and are tired of this lunatic kadafi (or however they spell it today) subjecting them to is inept totalatrium rule !
                        Do we or anyone have a better alternative? Or going to oust him now and let another totalitarian dictator take his place?

We as a civilized nation are supporting a "NO FLY ZONE" to help the libians get what they want and need
                        First strike costs of ~$170 million, ~$300 million a week to keep carriers in the area, just lost a F-15 luckily the pilot is safe. Just don't see the real need for us to stick our heads in this involvement as much as we are with so little to gain.

and we are also protecting our ability to keep recieving their OIL when this is all done with and over ! ;-)
                        Last I looked, the US wasn't a major importer of Libyan oil. Their biggest oil trading partner is Italy and other European nations. It does however have some effects on oil prospecting and overall oil trading costs. Still, we going to start a war over paying $0.30 more a gallon for gas?

at least thats how i see it.....where am I being blind sighted ?
                        Our past track record when trying to stabilize nations in Africa.
                        Five characters.

Comment

what does it cost for our carriers during a normal day ?

how did a F 15 get over there ?
                          the navy doesn't use them.....

and oil prices are riseing due to the turmoil regaurdless of where "WE" import from !
                          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Working...
                          X